$10.00
Hank Panethiere
United States
Festus
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just received Warhamster Rally from Tanga (after the usual long wait) and it shows up at my door without a box....I kid you not...the shipping label was stuck to the shrink wrap on the outside of the gamebox. Needless to say the game looks like it was used in a soccer match. The corner are all black and tattered as well as dented.

To me this is TOTALLY unacceptable. Did anyone else receive their Warhamster Rally without a box or any type of packaging?

*edited to include Jolly Roger in the subject, Tanga is listed as the shipper so that returns go to them (as other posters have pointed out) but Jolly Roger Games actually shipped this item, so the lack of a box or any type of packaging and condition of the game lies firmly with them*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Trent
United States
Yukon
OK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tanga / Jolly Rogers shipping packaging...BAD, BAD, BAD
metalchorus wrote:
I just received Warhamster Rally from Tanga (after the usual long wait) and it shows up at my door without a box....I kid you not...the shipping label was stuck to the shrink wrap on the outside of the gamebox. Needless to say the game looks like it was used in a soccer match. The corner are all black and tatterred as well as dented.

To me this is TOTALLY unacceptable. Did anyone else receive their Warhamster Rally without a box or any type of packaging?

surprisesurprisesurprise

shakeshakeshake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
Any company that pulled that kind of stunt would be replacing the product (with proper packaging), refunding me, or be looking at a chargeback.

This would be a new low for Tanga; their packaging often leaves something to be desired, but I can't believe they authorized shipping like that; I know a couple of people who have sold things through/drop shipped for Tanga, and there's no way that is their normal operating procedure.

What did Tanga have to say?

(Now, I'm kinda glad I didn't buy that one when I was thinking about it...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kwanchai Moriya
United States
Monrovia
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
time to bust a cap
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael "Ice" Berg
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I would refuse the shipment (assuming you haven't de-shrinked it yet) and call your CC company and get the charges reversed, unless you hear back from tanga soon to do otherwise. That is unacceptable, and I'm shocked.

One thing that MIGHT have happened is the original box was seperated, and the courier reprinted the label..but that is unlikely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fnord23 wrote:
Any company that pulled that kind of stunt would be replacing the product (with proper packaging), refunding me, or be looking at a chargeback.

This would be a new low for Tanga; their packaging often leaves something to be desired, but I can't believe they authorized shipping like that; I know a couple of people who have sold things through/drop shipped for Tanga, and there's no way that is their normal operating procedure.

99% sure that Tanga didn't actually do the shipping on that product. They take the orders, but they're filled elsewhere.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dogmatix wrote:
fnord23 wrote:

99% sure that Tanga didn't actually do the shipping on that product. They take the orders, but they're filled elsewhere.

Isn't that drawing a distinction without a difference?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael "Ice" Berg
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
TedW wrote:
dogmatix wrote:
fnord23 wrote:

Not exactly - sure, Tanga is still responsible for correcting the problem, but you can't blaim them for it happening unless the problem repeats itself or they don't take steps to fix the problem.

When you order from a discount retailer, you should expect strange delays and damages occasionally, but that does not clear them from resolving the problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
Festus
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I couldn't refuse it, it was left on my doorstep. I'll post a picture If anyone want's to see it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg r
United States
TROY
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got 3 items that way, they were all taped together into 1 big wad of product and thrown on a truck with my address on it. I dropped tangajen a e-mail, she apologized and said that shouldn't have happened and wouldn't happen to me again.

(These were going to be gifts till I got them looking like they were kicked all the way home from school by a 6Th grade soccer team).

This was about 6 months ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
100% unacceptable. Tanga is responsible for making it right as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My suggestion would be to contact tanga and get thier response and how they fix it... in fact it wouldn't hurt to do that before posting, then people can get the complete story

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael "Ice" Berg
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
You can still refuse packages left on your doorstep - you just have to call the carrier's 1-800 number to come get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
Festus
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yargo wrote:
My suggestion would be to contact tanga and get thier response and how they fix it... in fact it wouldn't hurt to do that before posting, then people can get the complete story

I am just curious if anyone else had the same experience?

As far as the "complete story" goes I don't know what you mean.

I have sent a Tangagram, I should hear back within the month
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TedW wrote:

If this item is like most of the games that have cropped up since the death of Uberplay, then Tanga wasn't remotely involved in the shipping of the product other than to send mailing labels to whomever had the product being sold. If it didn't pass through their hands at any point, you can't really blame them for how it went out the door. That *is* a difference. They didn't create the problem [nor were they in a position to even see what went out the door].

Now, that said, because they took the orders, they do have some responsibility to make it right and then take it out on the idiots who actually did the shipping [and used Tanga to market their product].

Tanga is certainly to blame, however, if they don't accept returns, send replacement product, or issue refunds on mangled stuff. [And also if they don't add a very explicit "you will appropriately package to minimize/prevent damage to the product sold through Tanga" statement in their agreements with vendors in the future.]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
suPUR DUEper
United States
Villa Hills
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Tanga shipping packaging...BAD, BAD, BAD
dogmatix wrote:
TedW wrote:

If this item is like most of the games that have cropped up since the death of Uberplay, then Tanga wasn't remotely involved in the shipping of the product other than to send mailing labels to whomever had the product being sold. If it didn't pass through their hands at any point, you can't really blame them for how it went out the door. That *is* a difference. They didn't create the problem [nor were they in a position to even see what went out the door].

Now, that said, because they took the orders, they do have some responsibility to make it right and then take it out on the idiots who actually did the shipping [and used Tanga to market their product].

Tanga is certainly to blame, however, if they don't accept returns, send replacement product, or issue refunds on mangled stuff. [And also if they don't add a very explicit "you will appropriately package to minimize/prevent damage to the product sold through Tanga" statement in their agreements with vendors in the future.]

Huh?

Blame. You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.L. Robert
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
Follow me if you want to play wargames!
mbmbmbmbmb
Who's at fault? NOT Tanga, but rather the shipper that was contracted by Tanga.

Who's responsible? Ultimately, Tanga. However, a properly-run business will enact policy to affect the shipping process, particularly by those who failed so miserably in these instances.

Who should you be angry at? The shipper, for not using enough common sense to box something that could potentially be a gift.

Who should you contact? Tanga. They won't know of problems with those they've contracted unless they are notified of the contractors' negligence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katy Wickman
United States
Macomb
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
metalchorus wrote:
Just to be clear, the shipping label specifically says Tanga.com with their Utah address as the return address...so I'm assuming Tanga sent it to me and Jolly Roger didn't drop ship it.

Based on the above statement, it looks like it was in fact shipped from Tanga themselves. When I've had shipments arrive from other people that Tanga has sent orders to, it states where it actually came from. When my shipping labels have said Tanga's Utah warehouse... they've been coming from Tanga themselves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one."
badge
"No matter how low your opinion of Washington DC, it's nothing compared to Washington DC's low opinion of you."
mb
Huh. I've ordered over a dozen times from Tanga and have never been displeased with either the packaging or shipping time.

But almost everything I've ordered from them was an Uberplay product and therefore probably came directly from their offices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Myers
United States
Salem
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have made several purchases from Tanga and have not had any problems. The games have always been in boxes and there has not been any damage to the purchases. On a couple of occasions I thought that they could have used a few more foam peanuts but the games were none the worse for it.

The games that I have gotten have been from several different manufactures, also.

Just slapping a label on an item with out a box is a pretty unprofessional way to ship something and you should contact Tanga and see what their response is. Based on my dealings with Tanga they will make it right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Hoffman
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TedW wrote:
dogmatix wrote:
TedW wrote:

Huh?

Blame. You keep saying that word. I do not think it means what you think it means

Since you and I clearly aren't on the same page here, I'll simply quote JL for you since he made the point I was trying to make:

Quote:
Who's at fault? NOT Tanga, but rather the shipper that was contracted by Tanga.

Who's responsible? Ultimately, Tanga. However, a properly-run business will enact policy to affect the shipping process, particularly by those who failed so miserably in these instances.

Who should you be angry at? The shipper, for not using enough common sense to box something that could potentially be a gift.

Who should you contact? Tanga. They won't know of problems with those they've contracted unless they are notified of the contractors' negligence

That's what I was trying to say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Yim
United States
Hamden
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered El Capitan from Tanga a couple of months ago and it arrived placed diagonally inside a Tanga box (it couldn't fit flat either way). There also was a small handful of packing peanuts (probably about 20) tossed in that did absolute nothing -- the game still could bounce around. It wasn't damaged or dented, fortunately, but the perfunctory peanuts gave me a good laugh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Neff
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my copies of Warhamster Rally today. They were packed in a box, with peanuts, and are in perfect condition, like all but 1 shipment I've received from them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hank Panethiere
United States
Festus
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tuneloon wrote:
I received my copies of Warhamster Rally today. They were packed in a box, with peanuts, and are in perfect condition, like all but 1 shipment I've received from them.

Maybe it was because you ordered more than one...doubt they would want to print two labels and pay the extra postage for two packages.

Just my luck I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
That is not Depeche but rather
United States
Grandville
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
metalchorus wrote:
Did anyone else receive their Warhamster Rally without a box or any type of packaging?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.