Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
www.punkzter.blogspot.com
badge
It's a horse. On a chair.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I just wanted to let anyone who downloaded the first version of the rules know that there is now a second revision available for download. I tried to make them read a little easier this time, but I also made a very significant fix to the rules regarding the last person to "win" an auction in a 5/6 player game.

"In a 5 or 6 player game, the last player will take the offered card from the display into their hand and they will take the Number 1 Bidder Card and place it in front of them."

I also clarified a point about what a player needs to do once they have won an auction:

"The player must place one of the cards from the auction bundle into the Market."

I hope that this version is indeed better than the previous version and I would welcome any comments about necessary corrections or unclear sections.

~Brad
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"In a 5 or 6 player game, the last player will take the offered card from the display into their hand and they will take the Number 1 Bidder Card and place it in front of them." is an incorrect fix.
The offered card from the display goes into the market and the player gets only the Number 1 card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Keen
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I made this correction after a discussion with Emanuele Ornella. He told me that:

"In a 5 or 6 player game only 1 card is put in the display (see the
table)and the last player must take this one (that is equivalent to draw
the topmost card in the deck and reveal to everyone)."

and

"In a 5 and 6 player game the last player has no choice, but still get 1 card."

My original translation was incorrect, but the latest revision has not fixed this issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Of course I'm not the one to correct Emanuele's explanation of the rules. But the German rules with the game do tell something else. So it lookes like we have the official rules and the designers rules!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Keen
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting. I did double check with him regarding my "fix" to the latest version, but I will do a triple check (and direct him to this forum post) and report back as soon as I have a definitive answer. Thanks for bring this up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuele Ornella
France
Dijon
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
O'Lava is right! And I was wrong Brad!
I found my old rule document and it was written:

"When the Market number 1 appears, 1 Good Card only is drawn from the deck as usual, but this is placed face up directly to Byzantine market. The only player who has not any Market in front of him gets the Market number 1."

My apologize! I do no remember correctly the rule, but now I am fine. The German rules are correct, while my fix to Brad was wrong. Brad could you please change it in your translation?

Thank you O'Lava for noticed this!

Cheers,
ema
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Fakkeldij
Netherlands
Beverwijk
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your welcome! Glad I can still read German rules without mistakes

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Keen
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay. A third revision of the English translation should be available shortly. I apologize to everyone for the mistakes leading up to this edition and I hope that you take the time to download the latest set.

The v3 set of rules fixes the last round in a 5/6 player auction. Now, instead of the 1 card that is drawn going to the person's hand, it is placed directly into the market. In a 5/6 player game, the last person to "win" an auction simply gets the Number 1 Bidder card (and the ability to choose the first set of cards from the market).

Thanks to o'Lava for bringing this issue to my attention!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.