Hula Hippos» Forums » General

Subject: GREAT customer service from Gamewright! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Diane Close
United States
flag msg tools
mb
I bought this game recently at my local ToysRUs (the Hula Hippos version), after getting hooked on it in my gaming group. The ring inside my copy turned out to be oval, not round, and warped (didn't lie flat). It did spin, well, sortof... It mostly wobbled wildly -- could be seen as a feature, I suppose.

I wrote to Gamewright on the off chance that they might have an extra ring they could send me. I expected to be told that for that price (around $10 for the game) there wasn't any customer support, and I could return it to the store for a refund. Well WRONG!!! Gamewright responded right away that they'd be happy to send me a new ring and make my purchase right!

Imagine my surprise when a little over a week later an entire new game arrives in the mail! Yup, that's right, not just the ring but a whole, brand new, complete replacement game! Wow!!!

I am happy to report that the ring in the replacement is perfect, being both round and lies flat, and, best of all, spins wonderfully well!

Thank you Gamewright for such GREAT customer service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Los Ranchos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Our copy has that same problem, albeit to a lesser degree. I'll email Gamewright....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. P. Harris
United States
flag msg tools
How were your boxes? The lid of mine is very hard to get off - it is a bit too small & fits too tightly onto the bottom of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Los Ranchos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, box also very tight!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.