$10.00
Oscar
Spain
Valle del Kas
Madrid
flag msg tools
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome all!
Come on, Will!
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Herbie Hancock: Takin' Off // Art Farmer & Bill Evans: Modern Art // Sonny Rollins: Way Out West
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ad79 wrote:
I'm doing that race again this year, but it's not the one I'm doing with my wife.

And I like uphill better than downhill on a roadbike. The other way around on a mountainbike.

There's an easy solution. Have your wife ride the mountainbike up, while you ride the roadbike. When you get to the top, switch bikes!

(I suggest you rehearse your arguments about why you should switch in advance, and take some bandages along in case she doesn't understand).

devil
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Herbie Hancock: Takin' Off // Art Farmer & Bill Evans: Modern Art // Sonny Rollins: Way Out West
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sandmaker wrote:
Hello Gentlemen,

I would like to make the request to join this illustrious League, but sadly only as a mere squire.
I am on the young side around these parts and have another 10 years to work off before I can make full membership.

In the mean time I would very much like to sit at the feet of you masters and glean the knowledge that spills forth from your mouths.


Welcome, sandmaker. We have a positive dearth of walking bean avatars around here. Make yourself comfortable and enjoy a pint of Guinness!


11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Herbie Hancock: Takin' Off // Art Farmer & Bill Evans: Modern Art // Sonny Rollins: Way Out West
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You didn't say anything about HeroScape, sandmaker. Do you have a collection? Have you been playing long?
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE JTSPECIAL-OID
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sandmaker wrote:
Hello Gentlemen,

I would like to make the request to join this illustrious League, but sadly only as a mere squire.
I am on the young side around these parts and have another 10 years to work off before I can make full membership.

In the mean time I would very much like to sit at the feet of you masters and glean the knowledge that spills forth from your mouths.



Welcome Squire Cooper!
Why don´t you get us all a round of drinks, and tell us all about you!? The Heroscape stuff of course, and anything else you wish to share...
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
ad79 wrote:
I'm doing that race again this year, but it's not the one I'm doing with my wife.

And I like uphill better than downhill on a roadbike. The other way around on a mountainbike.

There's an easy solution. Have your wife ride the mountainbike up, while you ride the roadbike. When you get to the top, switch bikes!

(I suggest you rehearse your arguments about why you should switch in advance, and take some bandages along in case she doesn't understand).

devil


I tried your suggestion and look what it brought me.

12 
 Thumb up
1.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE JTSPECIAL-OID
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OUCH!!!
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Herbie Hancock: Takin' Off // Art Farmer & Bill Evans: Modern Art // Sonny Rollins: Way Out West
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That was awesome, Stig!

Never fear, I have a great many other ideas where that came from. Stick with me and we can have a great career, just like Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote.

(BTW, you'll see a package in your mail soon, with Acme stamped on the side. Please handle it carefully.)
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Cooper
United States
Fruitland Park
Florida
flag msg tools
Congratulations! You've found OverText.
badge
Well looky there, more OverText.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
You didn't say anything about HeroScape, sandmaker. Do you have a collection? Have you been playing long?



Heroscape is one of my favorite if, not my favorite, games. There is no other game I have played that gives me the shear joy Heroscape does.


I started playing in 2007 when I finally decided to bite on that cool looking box sitting on Target's discount rack. I loved it but sadly had very few opponents.
I sold everything off (including my Tundra and Flagbearers cry which shall probably never return to me) a couple years later due to lack of players, an impending big move, and the amount of space Scape takes up.

A little over a year later, I started getting that itch again. I wanted to play Heroscape and I couldn't believe I had let everything go. So I took on the task of rebuilding a collection one trade and purchase at a time. Now I have more than ever.

I own a decent amount of stuff, my wife would say too much. I track my collection in the comments section of each Master set/expansion.


I understand there are units that I will never find at a decent price and have no probably making/using proxies. I also love making the new custom units, both C3G and C3V, from Heroscapers.com.

Speaking of Heroscapers, that place has been a wonderful resource. I especially love their customs section. Some people over there have some real talent and inspire me to make all sorts of things.





When playing Heroscape I prefer to play on big maps with custom Glyphs/Scenarios instead small tournament style maps. I also much prefer using larger themed armies, but will play whenever and however I can.


12 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Herbie Hancock: Takin' Off // Art Farmer & Bill Evans: Modern Art // Sonny Rollins: Way Out West
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sandmaker wrote:
I sold everything off (including my Tundra and Flagbearers cry which shall probably never return to me) a couple years later due to lack of players, an impending big move, and the amount of space Scape takes up.

A little over a year later, I started getting that itch again. I wanted to play Heroscape and I couldn't believe I had let everything go. So I took on the task of rebuilding a collection one trade and purchase at a time. Now I have more than ever.

I've been down that same road a great many times, with a great many games. Not too badly in the case of HeroScape, I'm happy to say. I was amongst the first to own a copy, pre-ordering RotV before it was released, and snapping up a second first run copy after my initial play with my sons. They were busy with other things, though, and after the initial frenzy, we went a year or two without playing and I traded one of those lovely sparkly water sets away. Fortunately I came to my senses early enough on that I had no serious difficulties putting together a near-complete collection (I lack only Master Woo).

Thanks very much for taking the time to tell us about yourself and your gaming. Since you'll be a squire here initially, I'll offer one piece of advice: don't stand too close to Squire Stig, especially when he's opening packages.
cool
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
That was awesome, Stig!

Never fear, I have a great many other ideas where that came from. Stick with me and we can have a great career, just like Roadrunner and Wile E. Coyote.

(BTW, you'll see a package in your mail soon, with Acme stamped on the side. Please handle it carefully.)


Acme packages are the best bang for your buck you can buy!

I'll have to thank my wife for directing the movie. All I did was look up at the right minute.

Squire Stig
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:
(I lack only Master Woo)

HA! I HAVE IT!! yuk
(That's the screan of a envy person that would like to own all the pre-D&D waves, but did'nt had the right economy when they was available at a fair price...)
laugh
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Drouin
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, Master Woo and Agent Skahen are the only two official figures I am missing. They are difficult to track down from overseas.

I'm impressed that you have one Fabio!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Herbie Hancock: Takin' Off // Art Farmer & Bill Evans: Modern Art // Sonny Rollins: Way Out West
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Boromir_and_Kermit wrote:
Yes, Master Woo and Agent Skahen are the only two official figures I am missing. They are difficult to track down from overseas.

I'm impressed that you have one Fabio!

I'm more jealous than impressed. Fabio deserves one, though, and I'm glad to hear he has it.

My own Agent Skahen gets an asterisk - it's a home-made version, not an original. One of the guys on HeroScapers painted it, printed and laminated a card, and sent them to me as a gift. I'd made a couple of trades with him previously, but the Skahen came as a total surprise.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Drouin
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hehe - I never said I wasn't jealous as well!

That's very cool about your Skahen - a great idea too. If I could track down the pack, I could try the same. The monks are hard to come by (I only have one squad as it is). The girls might be easier to come by...
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabio Calzolari
Italy
S.Lazzaro di Savena
Bologna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boromir_and_Kermit wrote:
I'm impressed that you have one Fabio!

Eh.... i won it on a "create a Glyph" contest at 'Scapers. A very lucky surprise, as i did not thought that my simple idea was that good
(the glyph power was that the player that "own" it can decide to use the order in the standard way or in reverse - so first the 3rd, then the 2nd, then the 1st).
I thought also to sell/trade it for some Wave, but the kid likes it so much that he don't care if Woo is worthy a complete wave, i can't give it away
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D S
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooh, a C3V fan! Sandmaker is not buying (or fetching) another drink for himself all night. Squires, fetch him whatever he wants and have it all put on my tab.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ds3272 wrote:
Ooh, a C3V fan! Sandmaker is not buying (or fetching) another drink for himself all night. Squires, fetch him whatever he wants and have it all put on my tab.


D S , it all goes on WOTC's tab, so no worries there.
11 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
sandmaker wrote:
Sphere wrote:
You didn't say anything about HeroScape, sandmaker. Do you have a collection? Have you been playing long?

....

Speaking of Heroscapers, that place has been a wonderful resource. I especially love their customs section. Some people over there have some real talent and inspire me to make all sorts of things.



When playing Heroscape I prefer to play on big maps with custom Glyphs/Scenarios instead small tournament style maps. I also much prefer using larger themed armies, but will play whenever and however I can.



Yeah, Customs are a lot of fun. I never figured out how to print any quality cards but I made my fair share of custom items... the custom crew over there was a blast.

9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D S
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Printing C3V cards is easy: Download the PDF. Print it at 100% size. That's it. Done.

If you are lucky enough to have access to a 2 sided printer you can print it double sided, with no margins, and the 2 sides (basic, too!) line up perfectly.

I bring mine to Office Depot and they work beautifully.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JH
United States
Albany
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
With the last shipments of Heroscape stuff apparently being made, I decided to order, um, one, two ... 17 boosters (that's 11/12 of the D&D trio of waves, plus finishing a single set of the first wave and getting most of the eighth along with Champions of Renown) and a second Archkyrie set, and now I've got the Heroscape bug raging again at full swing.

And I am afeared.

But I'm also 32, so I figure if I'm going to do this I may as well go for it whole hog and join you folks as a squire. If ya don't mind.
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enrique Carro
Spain
La Coruña
La Coruña
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, hell! Most of the Squires have a bigger HS collection than me. I have to buy more stuff ASAP.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Herbie Hancock: Takin' Off // Art Farmer & Bill Evans: Modern Art // Sonny Rollins: Way Out West
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarcasmorator wrote:
With the last shipments of Heroscape stuff apparently being made, I decided to order, um, one, two ... 17 boosters (that's 11/12 of the D&D trio of waves, plus finishing a single set of the first wave and getting most of the eighth along with Champions of Renown) and a second Archkyrie set, and now I've got the Heroscape bug raging again at full swing.

And I am afeared.

That's what I call showing the proper enthusiasm!

Sarcasmorator wrote:
But I'm also 32, so I figure if I'm going to do this I may as well go for it whole hog and join you folks as a squire. If ya don't mind.

Welcome aboard! Always room for another Squire.

Seems like we've had quite a few new Squires join recently. Makes me look forward to the annual swimming competition in the North Tower's moat. (I don't look forward to it half as much as the Kraken does).
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:

Seems like we've had quite a few new Squires join recently. Makes me look forward to the annual swimming competition in the North Tower's moat. (I don't look forward to it half as much as the Kraken does).


And when me an Ben gives them strategic advice on where to swim it's gonna be a classic.
It's safest in the middle, because the Kraken is afraid of the deep waters there.whistle
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Boersma
Australia
Drouin
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
So true Stig! The Kraken is afraid of the deep water... too cold for him... he's also not able to see some colours. Like the colour red. All squires should always dress in red... yes, the brighter the better... *wink* whistle
12 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  299 , 300 , 301 , 302 , 303  Next »  [457] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.