Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Walkingshaw
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately, there aren't any Heroscapers tournaments in Oregon, but my wife and I will play a game in recognition of this sacred day.

May you roll all skulls and never whiff with a Deathwalker!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Two men walking abreast.
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the blessing. I'm a rank amateur at Scape and I'm playing in a tournament today. I just got a call from one of the organizers saying twenty four of the 30 people who signed up have confirmed participation. I'm still drafting my army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walkingshaw
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scribidinus wrote:
Thanks for the blessing. I'm a rank amateur at Scape and I'm playing in a tournament today. I just got a call from one of the organizers saying twenty four of the 30 people who signed up have confirmed participation. I'm still drafting my army.

Good luck! You should post a session, or at least post back here with the results.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lynch
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Today is my daughter's third birthday, so that precludes me from participating in any Scape events yuk. On the bright side, her party is at the house so I am hoping to sneak away to the garage at some point and squeeze a game in as the party winds down ninja.

Good luck to everyone playing today and please post some session reports.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
My son & I are continuing a 1210 pt battle royale (castle, jungles, bridges, etc) - I've managed to kill his dragon & a passel of snakes (since this picture was taken), but he's set up his Snipers along the ridge where I need to exit and I've mainly got samurai to knock them out.

It's going to be Pickett's charge all over again.

Happy Heroscape Day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
The TTO was a big success with 48 players!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Two men walking abreast.
mbmbmbmb
The Ohio Valley Heroscapers Association National Heroscape Day Tournament was held at Pet Shop Comics in Hillview Kentucky.

Twenty-tw0 players from as far away as Indianapolis,Indiana, Cincinnati and Dayton, Ohio, Nashville, Tennessee and even Mississippi squared off in a five x 50 minute rounds Swiss style tournament. Prize support from Hasbro, House Mouse and contributions by the organizers and participants was generous. Twelve Agent Skahen figures, one Master Woo, a custom HS themed dice tower, over a dozen squad packs, two Tundra sets, one Hot Lava Death set, 30 dice bags and $120 in Gift Certificates from Pet Shop Comics were prizes.

Even though I finished 16th at 2-3 but well back in the pack on points, I won an Agent Skahen, 2 common squad packs and a dice bag.

After the tournament, 13 of us descended on a local pizza joint for a healthy meal. After that we returned to PSC for a six player game of Last Night on Earth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark crane
Qatar
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Salt Lake City had about 23 players. I had more fun at this event than at our big eurogame convention (and that was a fun event). I brought my sons (8 an 11) and my oldest even managed to beat an adept, adult player during the last round and won a Skahen figure. I threw together an army at the last minute after someone dropped out and had a great time terrifying a bunch of smaller, expensive heroes with Grimnak. Out of four rounds I won one, put up a good fight in two but lost, and got it handed to me by an awesome elven army. I ended up with a flag bearer which I gave to my younger son, who (statistically) faced the toughest opponents in the youth category. I'm itching for another tournament.

I really enjoyed the event. It seems like Heroscape acts like a filter for players that put fun first!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Jackson
United States
Goodlettsville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Am I a man or am I a muppet? If I'm a muppet then I'm a very manly muppet!
mbmbmbmbmb
gamemark wrote:
My son & I are continuing a 1210 pt battle royale (castle, jungles, bridges, etc) - I've managed to kill his dragon & a passel of snakes (since this picture was taken), but he's set up his Snipers along the ridge where I need to exit and I've mainly got samurai to knock them out.

The battle's not over... but my monks have taken the vial of magical liquid out of the castle & my ashigaru army has set up on my son's exit road.

Of course, he's managed to kill a bunch of samurai & set up Snipers & the Zetacron on my exit route, so it's still gonna be ugly.

We had a blast, thanks - though nobody gave us an Agent Skahen!shake

EDIT: Here's a link to my blog with pictures & more detail...

http://akapastorguy.blogspot.com/2008/10/battle-royale-natio...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
We had a drawing for everyone that didn't own a Skahen, so most everyone that attended the TTO now owns a Skahen!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lynch
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
craniac wrote:
It seems like Heroscape acts like a filter for players that put fun first!

There is a great deal of truth to this statement. Everytime I get together with other Heroscapers I always have a great time. The fun first, tournament second attitude is very refreshing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John O
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Two men walking abreast.
mbmbmbmb
My NHSD tourney session report with pictures is awaiting approval.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.