$10.00
Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

On Board Games» Forums » News

Subject: OBG 30: Start Your Engines rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Erik Dewey
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
OBG 30: Start Your Engines
Donations! http://onboardgames.net

Round Table

Scott and Erik discuss racing games

Games in Education

Giles talks about using punchboards

Reviews
Don, Scott, and a host of others review Cockroach Poker
Erik reviews Roborally

Outro
Send questions, comments, or snide remarks, to onboardgames.net@gmail.com in the form of emails or mp3 files

Join us for further discussions, musings and occasional rants on our forums at the Guild on BGG: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/325
On Board Games is covered under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License



Web Site: http://onboardgames.net/
RSS Feed: http://onboardgames.libsyn.com/rss
Email us: onboardgames.net@gmail.com
Episode Link: http://onboardgames.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=396814
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I apologise for my audio - I sound like I have been hit in the thinking part of my brain by a mallet. I'll fix it up for the next episode!

Sorry!

Cheers,

Giles.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ayrk wrote:
Scott and Erik discuss racing games

Neat discussion guys! Though if’n you’d let me know what the topic was I could have at least submitted a review that was appropriate to the topic.



I really like the differentiation between absolute location on the board, and relative position.

Do our listeners think there were any major elements that were missed or was there something that you think deserver deeper coverage?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJ
Netherlands
Hilversum
Noord Holland
flag msg tools
Hey a bucket full of Meeples.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Were did you hide this podcast ?? Cannot find a download link, not here and not on the "on board" web page. To embarrassed to share it with the rest of the world

I am probably blind or too stupid to find the darn link...

BJ
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dewey
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, you wanted to listen to it. Well, I guess I could add that to the post.cool

Sorry I forgot to link to it.

santac wrote:
Hi,

Were did you hide this podcast ?? Cannot find a download link, not here and not on the "on board" web page. To embarrassed to share it with the rest of the world

I am probably blind or too stupid to find the darn link...

BJ
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dewey
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:
Ayrk wrote:
Scott and Erik discuss racing games

Neat discussion guys! Though if’n you’d let me know what the topic was I could have at least submitted a review that was appropriate to the topic.




Actually, if you check your email, you'll see where I sent one out talking about the topic and when to send me reviews.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ayrk wrote:
Actually, if you check your email, you'll see where I sent one out talking about the topic and when to send me reviews.

shake Where is a thumbs down when you need it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wilson
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Walsfeo wrote:
I really like the differentiation between absolute location on the board, and relative position.


Did they discuss any such game? I was expecting a mention of something like Formula Motor Racing, Street Illegal or even Cthulhu 500, but don't remember hearing anything of that.


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
daw65 wrote:
Did they discuss any such game? I was expecting a mention of something like Formula Motor Racing, Street Illegal or even Cthulhu 500, but don't remember hearing anything of that.
Scott mentioned some game that had a "relative position" mechanic. I don't remember which one it was.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernhard von Gunten
Switzerland
Täuffelen
Bern
flag msg tools
3B RULEZ
badge
3B RULEZ
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all!

Cool episode, thanks guys!

@Giles: Creating photo frames out of punchboards is a neat idea! Time for me and my daughters to start a christmas present for my wife and their mom. (But first I have to go and buy another real big boardgame with lots of punchboards hehe)

@Erik: Cool review of RoboRally. Besides the points you talked about, I always tell friends that we only gonna play one round, as after people get used to programming their robots without (human) errors the game loses some of its charm.

@Staff: This is the second podcast not listed in the wiki / guild page (in a row). I'll add it if no one else does.

@Scott: You didn't vote for GWB. Please tell me you didn't!

Keep up the good work!

Greetings from Switzerland,

3b
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dewey
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I keep meaning to update the grid up top. I'll tackle in on Monday.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.