Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Potthoff
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got the game and have not played it yet. But looking through the deck and at the board and the previously posted complaints, I came up with these fixes.

In case you do not already do so, play so you only take a ring card if you move to a ring space by die roll. If a character is moved to a ring space by a ring card, the card is not pulled until a player activates that character.

The red and green arrows for evil army movement are REVERSED on the board.

SAURON works the same as Saruman in the first two games i.e. bounces you back toward the center of your ring scorer when you hit the S at the ends of the scoring track.

If you have the first two games, play this as a continuation or at least divvy up a few of the Game 1 and 2 purple ring cards among the characters. Otherwise Gandalf and Aragorn will be doing all of your battling with the evil armies. You might consider putting a sprinkling of evil armies on the Frodo/Sam track to Mount Doom just for spice.

Rule and Card Adjustments and emphasis:

Card 183 frees Pelennor Field Evil Armies to move. It does not free Black gate armies to move.

Card 185 Return Pelennor armies to start position, NOT BLACK GATE ARMIES. Move Pippin to ring space 198 as well, why keep him out of the fun.

Card 198 and 199 SWAP THEM. On card 199/198, Turn the eye to the EAST instead of the North

Card 201 After you discard this card move Aragorn to ring space 202

Card 204 Move Frodo, Gollum AND SAM to space 220

Card 220 Make card and Ring Space RED. If Frodo and Gollum are not both on ring space 220 add 1 evil point. Change Move Aragorn to 202 to Move Gandalf to ring space 201 upon Discard.

These changes may not follow the movie plot but it looks like they make the game playable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gando Greyscar
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Re:Fixes to make the game playable
Have you tried these rules yet? They sound pretty good. I played one game that was plagued with error, and I'm going to try these as soon as I can get some players together.

Some are so disgusted from the first time that they don't want to play until I can figure it out

If anyone has tried these fixes let me know. Also, the evil army rules are still unclear...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.