Popular Tags: [View All]
J L
United States
Penn Hills
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28241658/

Although I'm sure it will never be the same. It looks like the end of the litigation over this simple and fun program.

Hasbro has dropped the suit after changes the brothers made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole lawsuit was borderline idiotic on behalf on Mattel. Scrabolous was a great free marketing scheme for Scrabble, who knows how many more copies were sold just from Facebookers who decided they want to have this game at home, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think by law Hasbro/Mattel were required by law to sue (practically) to protect their trademark and keep it from falling into the public domain.

But the brother's new game at www.lexulous.com is the best alternative to Scrabble online, tho it's not quite as good a game...yet. I wouldn't be surprised if they tweak it to make it even better than the original.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett H
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not only is there Lexulous, but there is an official Scrabble (beta)application on facebook divided between US and Can and an international version(?)(cant remember which countries). I guess it is the same one they use on Pogo. Ive used the US and Can version and it's pretty sweet, but being able to use an in-game dictionary during your turn makes it too easy. Better than Lexulous though despite its Beta state.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shnikes wrote:
Better than Lexulous though despite its Beta state.

"Prettier", but I don't see how it's better. It doesn't have live games that I can find, it doesn't have as large a fan-base (necessary to get live games as easily if they were to become available), it doesn't have as many options, and perhaps most importantly, it doesn't seem to have the love put into it that the brothers behind Scrabulous had for the game.

But the graphics are glitzy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Dickson
United States
National City
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lexulous works but the rules are now different enough from Scrabble that it really doesn't feel like the same game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.