Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just picked it up at my local game store. Lots of nice new cards.

It includes old favorites like: "horse and cart" (carry 8 extra objects), Warhorse (add craft to strength in battle, like Monk), Genie (hold three spells for you) and "Rod of Ruin". Also inclued are some new fate related cards: "pool of destiny" (like "Stream of Life", but for fate) and "Wheel of Fate" (roll die to randomly affect your fate counters). Many new places, enemies and strangers, including moving things that after you encounter them they move around the board. And a "Flying Carpet" (on rolling 6 for movement teleport to anywhere instead of moving)

The wizards quest deck: twelve card taht include the current six quests plus 6 new quests. This is not a random draw you may select any quest int eh deck, but it goes out of the game so each quest may only be done once.

Lost of new spells, including some that affect fate.

Four new characters: Knight (always good, +2 on prayer, can't attack good characters, start with sword and shield). "Darl Cultest" (always evil, may use psychic combat, random reward on killing thnigs (similar to wish granting strangers but random by die roll), Sage (draws speel at beginning of turn if he doesn't have one, can peek at top of adventure or spell deck, may re-roll movement die roll once), Merchant (starts with 5 gold, may evade dragon and monsters by bribing them 1 gold, when he lands on a character he can "trade" one object for another, when at Village or Market gets on free obejct form purchse deck and can trade objects in for gold (1 fgor ordinary, 3 for magic)

And of course the Grim Reaper (described in other threads)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info!

My copy just shipped today from FFG's online store. Funny, I'll get it way before I get the base game since I ordered it from Amazon and they still have it listed as "preorder"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Pranger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Were there any cards in the adventure deck that clears the board of all cards? That was one of my favorite cards from the old dragon expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony DuLac
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just picked this up tonight, also. I did not see any card in the Adventure Deck that cleared the board of all cards. There is an Earthquake card that clears a specific location of Adventure Cards (if I read it correctly) but that's the closest thing I could find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ilikesanta wrote:
Were there any cards in the adventure deck that clears the board of all cards? That was one of my favorite cards from the old dragon expansion.

There is one "Earthquake" that randomly clear places on the board. And one "Curfew" that clears out all strangers. and one "military Patrol" (I think) that sends all player's characters back to thier starting spaces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mark_biggar wrote:
Four new characters: Knight (always good, +2 on prayer, can't attack good characters, start with sword and shield).

Whoah, +2? Monks and Priests only got +1 right?

Quote:
"Darl Cultest" (always evil, may use psychic combat, random reward on killing thnigs (similar to wish granting strangers but random by die roll)

Sounds kinda like Chaos Warrior, something people have complained was an over-powered char.

Quote:
Sage (draws speel at beginning of turn if he doesn't have one, can peek at top of adventure or spell deck, may re-roll movement die roll once)

Sounds like Philosopher, a char hated and reviled in our games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed the character cards have a small skull at the bottom which I assume is a set symbol so you can tell what expansion it came from. Do the cards have this too? That would be nice so you can separate them later if you so wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
I noticed the character cards have a small skull at the bottom which I assume is a set symbol so you can tell what expansion it came from. Do the cards have this too? That would be nice so you can separate them later if you so wish.

Yes, all the Reaper Expansion cards are marked like that,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dam the Man wrote:
mark_biggar wrote:
Four new characters: Knight (always good, +2 on prayer, can't attack good characters, start with sword and shield).

Whoah, +2? Monks and Priests only got +1 right?

Yep, +2. Apparently he has a "Pure Heart", note the always good, he can't become Evil or Neutral.

Quote:
Quote:
"Darl Cultist" (always evil, may use psychic combat, random reward on killing thnigs (similar to wish granting strangers but random by die roll)

Sounds kinda like Chaos Warrior, something people have complained was an over-powered char.

Oops Typo, that should be "Dark Cultist"

Quote:
Quote:
Sage (draws spell at beginning of turn if he doesn't have one, can peek at top of adventure or spell deck, may re-roll movement die roll once)

Sounds like Philosopher, a char hated and reviled in our games.

Note that because of the "Can't cast more spells then you started a turn with" rule, if he's empty, he can only cast a spell every other turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mark_biggar wrote:
Yep, +2. Apparently he has a "Pure Heart", note the always good, he can't become Evil or Neutral.

Actually, not really bothered with that. Just means if I get my hands on Holy Lance, I can't lose it because I'm turned Evil. Ditto for Holy Grail.

mark_biggar wrote:
Note that because of the "Can't cast more spells then you started a turn with" rule, if he's empty, he can only cast a spell every other turn.

In truth, the reason he (Philosopher from 2nd) was so hated was the look at top of adventure deck AND getting to re-roll his movement.

Hmm, seems like even back then we hated re-rolls of any kind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Pranger
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Because of snow, I haven't been able to get to my local game store, to grab my copy of the reaper expansion, because the store sits on top of a very snowy/icy hill. So I have a question about the Merchant.

mark_biggar wrote:
, Merchant (starts with 5 gold, may evade dragon and monsters by bribing them 1 gold, when he lands on a character he can "trade" one object for another, when at Village or Market gets on free object form purchase deck and can trade objects in for gold (1 for ordinary, 3 for magic)

So is his trade ability a "forced" trade, where the other player has no say in the deal, and can he trade gold for object or is it just object for object?

Thanks in advanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon New
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ilikesanta wrote:
So is his trade ability a "forced" trade, where the other player has no say in the deal, and can he trade gold for object or is it just object for object?

Yes, the other player has no say, and it is Object for Object (or Magic Object).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.