Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmb
So I bought this thing and lo and behold!, the card art looks terrible!

All the cards (front and back) seem to have been printed from inferior jpg copies of the originals. You can see compression artifacts on all of them (look at the cart cards, especially around the cart icons) and the focus is all fuzzy-looking. Compare two similar cards from the original box and this expansion and you'll see what I mean.

What happened? If you mix the new cards with the ones from the regular Traders, you can spot them easily. I love the way Mayfair says "You have purchased a game of the highest quality" on the back of the rulebook. I now want to buy only games of the "highestest" quality, 'cause "highest" just doesn't do it.

At least, the tiles and other pieces are printed correctly, although the green paint job on the wooden pieces looks waaaaay different than the other green pieces.

Ah, well. At least it didn't cost me too much.

Wait!

It did!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HAHAHA sorry man. The same thing happened to me when I got the Cities and Knights 5-6 extension. The "Defenders" cards were a little pixely. Luckily, those cards aren't random.

I was most annoyed that the T&B event cards were slightly modified and therefore incompatible with the Event card deck I bought long ago. I was really hoping for a huge event deck, but no go

In any case, my girlfriend plays brown and I play green, so I can't wait to get my copy, even if it's riddled with artifacts. At least the pieces are wood (I trust)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
mbmbmb
Quote:
At least the pieces are wood (I trust)?

Yeah, they're wood. Not-painted-quite-right wood.

Seriously, though, this set looks like a rushed job. I just hope Mayfair's version of Catan: Germany will look as good as the German one seems to be. It'd be a shame to put out an inferior product...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.