Subject: Never Gone From Excited To Disappointed So Fast rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I literally went from overjoyed to disappointed in about a 30 second span. I was elated when I saw there was a new PitchCar expansion coming out. However, I was let down (to say the least) when I see that the risers are made of cheesy styrofoam. yuk

That is all. shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
roboman wrote:
the risers are made of cheesy styrofoam.

The only expansion I know of that needs to be refrigerated when not in use. How annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Driver 8
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The purpose of the styrofoam is just to hold up the tracks. So you could use just about anything to replace those styrofoam blocks.

Wood, plastic, cardboard, concrete, pure gold...just find 'anything' thats roughly the same size and use it to prop up the tracks. I think the only reason they used styrofoam was because it was cheap and light. It's not like you have to use what you've been given.

Yes, I agree they should have used something nicer, but that would have jacked up the outrageous price higher than what it already is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
roboman wrote:
the risers are made of cheesy styrofoam.

The only expansion I know of that needs to be refrigerated when not in use. How annoying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Buel
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems like any elevated tracks you make would fall down if you jostled them while taking your turn, assuming you use the styrofoam.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
dbuel wrote:
It seems like any elevated tracks you make would fall down if you jostled them while taking your turn, assuming you use the styrofoam.

I dunno, seems pretty stable to me. The styrofoam blocks have the weight of the track pieces on top of them, plus the elevated section is connected to the rest of the track, so it doesn't fall over very easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Driver 8 wrote:
Wood, plastic, cardboard, concrete, pure gold...just find 'anything' thats roughly the same size and use it to prop up the tracks.

It must be of the exact size bacause support blocks may also be placed sideaways.

You can make wooden supports of the exact dimensions but for a 35€ game wooden supports should be included.

As it is now the expansion is simply disappointing and not worth the asking price.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Dontanville
United States
Charlottesville
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Plate of Shrimp.
badge
Here we are folks, the dream we all dream of.
mbmbmbmbmb
The blocks work fine. They don't detract from the gameplay. This expansion was fun. I'm glad I have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.