Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
SteveO
United States
North Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A four (well really five player) game of Trouble between myself, my three year old son, two nephews age six, and one niece age eight. Trouble was discovered by my son on a shelf at my family’s Christmas dinner. He pointed up at a shelf and declared that he wanted that! I get the game down and place it on a nearby card table, and open the box thinking that my son will pop the pop-o-matic a few times and move on to the next thing. Incorrect. My niece starts to have a wild gleam in her eye and the next thing I know we’re all set up to play Trouble. My son and I play red, niece yellow, niece’s brother green, and my other nephew is blue.

Increased Difficulty

Discovery: Engaging a three-year-old in Trouble after a piece of homemade cheesecake ,unwrapping his last round of presents, and unsuccessfully opening his cousins toys makes this game very challenging, introducing new factors such as the random placement of tokens on the board, the removal of tokens from the board and the placement of extra tokens from past Trouble sets. While this is occurring some popping of dice and moving occurs and blue nephew is fitting the pieces on his fingers.

Player Elimination Round

My son grows weary of my insistence on turn taking and placing tokens in the correct place and retires to another room (probably to play with the nephews toys while they are otherwise engaged). A few more turns are played before nephew green finds some colorful pipe cleaners and proceeds to start a craft project. Shortly thereafter his sister declares that he is out of the game.

Revenge is Sweet

More rounds are played, my niece has all of her pieces out and I have two pieces out, I roll a two and can either move a piece closer to finish and knock out one of her pieces or move my other piece, so of course I knock her piece out. My niece replies in no uncertain terms that she is going to tell my big sister (her Mom) about this. But all is made right a few turns later when she knocks one of my tokens back to the start. Shortly hereafter the remaining nephew’s parents gathered him up as it was getting rather late, my niece and I declared that the game was over, put up Trouble and agreed that it was a lot of fun. She later told my sister about knocking out one of my pieces and I was informed that my niece takes Trouble very seriously.

Special thanks go out to my son, without whom there would not have been any game playing with my family on the date of our Christmas celebration.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bossko B.
England
Brierley Hill
The Black Country
flag msg tools
designer
Big damn heroes!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's great that games like this are still being played. It's been many, many years sice my chilhood when I last played Frustration, as it was known in the UK.

Not really sure what happened to my copy. Although my parents probably had something to do with it's disappearance due to me constantly, and proabably very annoyingly, 'click-cliking' the dice roller even when I wasn't playing the game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.