Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick Comment: Best game of 2008!

• [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review!

One thing to add though: Dominion is not that easy to teach to almost everyone. I've found that some people respond rather strangely to "buy stuff for the future" and "discard everything and draw new cards all the time " with a confused "Well what's the point then?" It all usually "clicks" eventually, but it seems that some strange mental barriers keep certain people from accepting this novel gameplay mechanism right away.

Other then that, finally a nice, concise and easy-to-follow video review of Dominion. Now if only someone made one for RftG...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't help but agree. Played this again last night and discovered even subtler combinations with the cards. Last week I thought the player who was buying all the gold had figured out the winning strategy but she lost horribly last night. So easy to teach, tons of fun and strategy, will never get old...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey McNabb
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! What a nice review!

It was not bogged down with too many small details - you gave a lot of the flavor of the game and conveyed the excitement of it. Just Right!

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
While the premise of the game is interesting, and certainly original, I'm concerned about this: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/370572

If it's true, and there really is one strategy that will make you win all the time, then the game is broken... (maybe expansions could fix this?)

Anyway, I'll have to at least give it a try on BSW...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernesto Cabrera
Mexico
Mexico
D.F.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What? That's it?...

I dunno what's all the fuzz about this game then...

If a game relies on how many cards has and it's not about the mechanics, then it's the worst kind of Euro I've ever heard about...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maka wrote:
While the premise of the game is interesting, and certainly original, I'm concerned about this: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/370572

If it's true, and there really is one strategy that will make you win all the time, then the game is broken... (maybe expansions could fix this?)

Yep, that was my review of sorts... perhaps you didn't read my addendum at the bottom?

I'll repeat it here - there IS a rather dumb strategy that is actually quite effective, but it doesn't ruin the game as much as it may seem at the beginning. You can use it to beat almost any player who doesn't HAVE a strategy, but it's not really effective against a good player - or better said, any player worth his salt is aware of this strategy so he either improves on it or uses one that counters it quite effectively.

Definitely try it out on BSW, you'll get addicted pretty quickly..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Arroyo
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:
maka wrote:

Yep, that was my review of sorts... perhaps you didn't read my addendum at the bottom?

I'll repeat it here - there IS a rather dumb strategy that is actually quite effective, but it doesn't ruin the game as much as it may seem at the beginning. You can use it to beat almost any player who doesn't HAVE a strategy, but it's not really effective against a good player - or better said, any player worth his salt is aware of this strategy so he either improves on it or uses one that counters it quite effectively.

Definitely try it out on BSW, you'll get addicted pretty quickly..

Heh, I read the review a while ago, but never came back to it so I missed it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb Wynn
United States
Adairsville
Georgia
flag msg tools
I love Nintendo as well!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maka wrote:

This strategy is very effective at times, but isn't going to win in every game its in. There really is no be all end all strategy in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazy Bob
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes! The silvers have run out before! I've seen it wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.