Popular Tags: [View All]
CLS Games -- Atlanta's Board Game Warehouse
United States
Kennesaw
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I. OVERVIEW: Fred Distribution recently released the U.S. edition of Jussi Autio's, The Club. This review focuses on the bits and the box - we will leave it to others to review the gameplay.

.....NO! shake

.....NO! shake shake

.....NO!!! shake shake shake

.....YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

II. THE BOX: The box is sturdy and measures 8.5 x 8.5 x 2.5 inches. Fred Distribution made some minor changes to the box cover.

Designer's Original Box Art

Fred Distribution's Redesigned Box Art

Poll
Which box cover do you like better?
Designer's Original Box Art
Fred Distributions's New Box Art
The Club?!?!?! Who Cares -- all I want from FRED is their Age of Steam Reprint
Neither - put a picture of BGG Legend Michael Barnes on the box and then I will be happy
      73 answers
Poll created by rsolow

II. THE BOX (CONT.): The box bottom features a warning from the Fred Gaming Association (FGA).

The FGA -- Board Gaming's New Content Watchdog.

Poll
What do you think of board gaming's new content watchdog -- the FGA?
The FGA is an invaluable resource that will help board gaming grow in new and wonderous ways. It will keep children away from age-inappropriate board game content by steering them back to where they belong -- in front of the TV watching age-inappropriate content. How board gaming survived this long before the FGA is a miracle.
I think Keith Blume is spending too much time in the bathroom -- his mind is starting to wander.
The FGA = POS
      49 answers
Poll created by rsolow

III. THE INSERT: It is refreshing to find a small box game with a fully functional insert. The game fits back in the box with insert better than it did before the tiles were removed from their shrink!

IV. THE RULES: The English rules are clear & concise (I assume so are the German and Swedish translations which come with the Fred Distribution edition).

V. THE TILES: The 1.5 x 1.5 inch tiles are colorful, glossy, thick, and quite durable (this game is no Duck Dealer).

The tiles feature two hidden suprises stemming from a romantic relationship between World Series of Poker Main Event Champion, Joe Hachem and Cecilia Blume (the youngest of quadruplets born 17 minutes after Fred Distribution Managing Partner, Keith Blume). First, Joe Hachem is featured on one of the tiles.

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie
Oi, Oi, Oi

V. THE TILES (CONT.): Second, one of the tiles also features Cecilia Blume. To protect his sister's anonimity, older brother Keith is refusing to publically identify which tile is based upon his sister. But, the resemblance is striking so BGG members should have no problem identifying her (just imagine Keith with breasts).

Poll
Which of the above eight "Club Girl" tiles is actually based upon a post-augmentation photograph of Keith Blume's baby sister?
      54 answers
Poll created by rsolow

VI. SUMMARY: If you are looking for a game with a sturdy box, functional insert, durable tiles that are both colorful and glossy, with rules written in English, German, & Swedish, then call in the dogs because your search is over. Dance your way over to your FLGS and pick up a copy of The Club!

Jussi Autio - designer of The Club - at Essen 2008

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.