Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the greatest dexterity games ever designed. Buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcin Krupiński
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
designer
This space is available for rental
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom: did you play Pitchcar Mini? Can you compare it? I love Pitchcar Mini (we've got even league in our local club) and when I see Pitchcar and it seems soo big surprise compare to mini (in a negative way )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Way ahead of you, Tom!

I love PitchCar...it's one of my relatively few Tens. I have the base set and extensions 1 and 2.

Expensive but worth every dime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick H.
Canada
Pierrefonds
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Great review, but Tom made one small mistake with the rules: if the car flips over, you immediately go back to where you shot from and your turn ends.

The rule quoted in the review is from Carabande.

I'm done nitpicking now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wagner
United States
Wood River
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yosz wrote:
Tom: did you play Pitchcar Mini? Can you compare it? I love Pitchcar Mini (we've got even league in our local club) and when I see Pitchcar and it seems soo big surprise compare to mini (in a negative way )

Part of the reason I bought Mini over the real thing. Mini takes up most of the table, there's no way I could fit the real thing on my table. Plus mini is cheaper and just as good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian McCarthy
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quardlepleen wrote:

Great review, but Tom made one small mistake with the rules: if the car flips over, you immediately go back to where you shot from and your turn ends.

The rule quoted in the review is from Carabande.

I'm done nitpicking now.

I'm not sure what you mean. If you flip over and stay on the track, don't you keep your progress and miss your next turn, i.e. just flip back over?

I like the idea of the way that Tom plays crashes better than going back to your original spot on the track. We always play that a car that flies off the track returns to its original spot on the track, potentially continuing to block all the cars behind and protecting its lead. moving a crashed car off to the side of the track until it's next turn should lead to more position changing, as well as make a faster race, which is a good thing, IMO.

*Edit* I forgot to say thank you to Tom. You really nailed it. Pitchcar is one of the best ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just call me Erik
United States
Waldorf
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
PitchCar due to its nature as a Dex game takes kindly to house rules. One of the house rules I saw for crashing is that you return to the track at the point where you flew off. I've also heard of the Demo Derby rule where if you knock another car off but you stay on, the other car goes where you started.

We play the Flip = go back to where you shot from. In groups with fewer true gamers, we sometimes ignore flipped discs completely. I think I'll try the one where you miss a turn to flip the car back over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.