Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason John
United States
Whitinsville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the rules, it says that a person can buy/sell 1 from all markets or 2 from one market. Now, suppose that a person wants to buy a yellow and a green, but doesn't want to buy or sell from red. From my interpretation, this person is out of luck, and they will be forced to buy or sell a red (because you have to take action in ALL, not just some) Am I right, or just gone crazy?

Also, what happens if a market runs out? Using the above example, say the red market is sold out, and the player whose turn it is does not have any red. Is the first option unavalible, since he cannot buy or sell a red?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gardner
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without the rules in front of me, I can only answer your first question off the top of my head. But I can tell you that the person in your example does not need to take any action in red. You aren't forced to act with one in all three stock types. --David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ferejohn
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
Pitying fools as hard as I can...
mbmbmbmbmb
The person *may* buy or sell one of each stock; they are not obligated to. So you could just sell a yellow and buy a green, or what have you. If a stock runs out, you may not buy that stock until someone sells it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Bass
United States
Venice
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another way to explain the buy/sell stock is:
A player may take up to 3 buy or sell actions,
But if a player takes 3 actions, they all have to be different industries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomello Visello
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cferejohn wrote:
If a stock runs out, you may not buy that stock until someone sells it.
I've just been reading the rules from the earlier version, Palmyra. A Special Case paragraph says that the last item on the board in a category cannot be purchased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.