Subject: Four Way Ties rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
All X-Men
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was playing an eight player game this past weekend. An interesting situation came up. Four players flipped the donkey at the same time. How is the loser determined? In my haste I quickly looked for a rule on this, but didn't see anything addressing it.

The winner is easy enough to determine, it is the person who recalls the other three animals. But who is the loser?

Is it the person who is the last to reall the other's three animals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Humpert
United States
Dillsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that the rules indicated that only a single player flips up a card at a time, going around the table clockwise. As soon as there is a match, then the two players with the matching animals have the Snort-off. Thus the four-player situation would never happen.

Were you playing by some variant perhaps?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
All X-Men
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I completely missed that. Thanks!

The way we have been playing it is that everyone flips a card at the same time and looks for matches. Its friggen hilarious as everyone is yelling animal sounds at the same time. Its obviously not the way the game was intended to be played, but its really fun.

And I guess the situation I encountered would be resolved so that the last person to identify each matching person's animal would be stuck with those sets of cards.

Yeah, its chaotic, but its just a game.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.