Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack Defevers
United States
Fort Thomas
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StrikeNet is now selling the Panzer Miniatures line in PDF format. (See here.)

I think it's a good move on the publisher's part. More choices = good. I am disappointed with the price points they've chosen, however. For example, the main book PDF is selling at $30. In the abstract, that may not sound too bad. However, I can buy a physical boxed copy, with an actual book, counters, and cards, for $40 + S&H. So if I go with the no physical product version, I only save $10 + S&H? Yikes.

I commend StrikeNet for its move to e-publishing on this series. But as someone considering getting into the game, I can safely say that there is a zero percent chance of me buying the PDF version at its current price. I will remain on the fence unless/until I decide to pull the trigger on the physical version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin McCleary
United States
Huachuca City
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the miniatures from them hard copy when first released. They are very nice and when you consider the potential cost savings vs metal miniatures I think you're way ahead at 30 or 40 bucks for these.

I hope they eventually come out with a modern line and with naval versions even if they don't have rules to go with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Defevers
United States
Fort Thomas
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was talking about books, not miniatures. The point that I was making is that I don't think $30 is a good price for a PDF when the actual book is only $10 more.

I understand that the company also makes "flats" to take the place of actual lead minis, but I wasn't talking about those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Day
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm somewhat reluctant to jump in here, because I don't want to appear to be shilling. The PDF price represents a 25% discount over the printed product. To some, that may seem a good deal while to others, it may not. It's in keeping with many of the products on WargameVault.

The cost of postage is really no small measure to many gamers, especially international customers. The Panzer base set weighs in at 2 pounds (0.91 kg), and, for example, the least expensive shipping costs to Europe are $21.00+. In addition, they're not cheap to US locations either.

In any event, it’s your decision.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave Prasse
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Jim ,

Are the "Miniatures" rules and expansions compatible with the newly released board rules ? Identical ?

Thanks !

dave

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Pacitto
United States
North Attleboro
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dPrasse wrote:
Jim ,

Are the "Miniatures" rules and expansions compatible with the newly released board rules ? Identical ?

Thanks !

dave

Bump

I am wondering the same thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.