Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Julian Steindorfer
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
i am big fan of the game/mechanics vlaada chvatil designed ,so i am interested in what comes next?

maybe a coop-realtime-civ-simultaneous action game?

so anyone with informations, news, etc.?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manos Velivassakis
Greece
Athens
Attiki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have just heard that the new game will be something like PC game Dungeon Keeper. You will create a dungeon and then heros (not controlled by any player) will try to overcome the obstacles. If they fail, you will be victorious. Something like that. I'm trying to find a link for more info...

It sounds great!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Nathan Spencer
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's mention of it in the new episode of the Garrett's Games and Geekiness podcast. (Gathering of Friends: Day 3). Mostly what Manos said already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Garrett's Games and Geekiness episode for Day 4 of the Gathering has even more information. It sounds like another must have for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ManOfSorrows wrote:
I have just heard that the new game will be something like PC game Dungeon Keeper. You will create a dungeon and then heros (not controlled by any player) will try to overcome the obstacles. If they fail, you will be victorious. Something like that. I'm trying to find a link for more info...

It sounds great!!

I have a prototype for a game just like this sitting on my shelf right now! I actually designed it with Galaxy Trucker as an inspiration. You basically built your dungeon just like Galaxy Trucker, but had to manage monsters, food, and other resources as players came in and raided each other's dungeons. I always liked the concept, but didn't quite get it passed the design stage yet. Oh well, I guess I should let someone like Chvatil have at it, seeing as how he has been a little more successful than me...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Petr Sabata
Czech Republic
Brno
Moravia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vlaada testing his new prototype:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deacondavid wrote:
The Garrett's Games and Geekiness episode for Day 4 of the Gathering has even more information. It sounds like another must have for me.

Agreed, sounds great.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Slape
United States
Collinsville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Petin wrote:
Vlaada testing his new prototype:

I could be wrong, but I don't think this is the dungeon keeper game. All of the cards pictured have rabbits and moose on them (some with one ear/horn, some with two), and the players are putting their hands on their heads like antlers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Buciak
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1st game - 'Dungeon Lords' from Czech Games Edition.

Inspired by computer game 'Dungeon MasterKeeper'. Game by Vlaada Chvatil.

jax900 wrote:
Great game. I feel that will be the hit of Essen 2009. It's quite complex game so a few things could be trimmed here or there.. but it's great anyway.

My opinion: This is mix game, where one part is very good mechanically dungeon building. Another part is ameritrash fighting. Lot of rules.

2nd game - 'Sneak and Snitches' (could be wrong title) from Czech Games Edition.

Game by Vlaada Chvatil. This year before Essen. Simple card bluffing game.

3rd game - '?' you see over on a photo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raviv Nagel
Israel
Haifa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dracoPL wrote:

Inspired by computer game 'Dungeon Master'.

That's "Dungeon Keeper", not Master.

I read that some reworking on Arena is also in the pipeline, for Z-Man games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luc VC
Belgium
Brugge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dracoPL wrote:

Inspired by computer game 'Dungeon MasterKeeper'.

Now that sounds interesting. Loved the 1st PC game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.