Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1578 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [64] | 

Battlestar Galactica» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Battlestar Galactica - Online BGG game session - Season TWO - Game Over rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The online game of Battlestar Galactica that I am running seems to be going fairly well. I think I am to the point that I can manage a second game. The unfortunate thing is I already have a waiting list of over a dozen people, so I pulled the names in order that were already on the waiting list for game 1. So this game is by invitation only.

I am still considering a possible third game in the future or if anyone is interested in running games, I would gladly share what stuff I have to assist (but it is mostly designed to assist in setting up the PhotoShop summaries).

The six that will be a part of Season Two are as follows:

ackmondual
Oxotnik (Chuck)
Jormi_Boced (Michael)
Daimbert
BugLaden
zoe79 (Christie)

If you are interested in a future game, please post on the original thread as that is what I am using to set the order: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/392402

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Battlestar Galactica - Online BGG game session - Season TWO
Players, please subscribe to this thread.

I will randomly assign a player order and then you can choose characters. I hope to have set-up done this evening so the turns can begin.

In general, this is how turns will go:
("GeekMail" indicates private communication to only me and "Post" means public communication on this thread)

1) I will send you a GeekMail stating which Skill cards you drew. If you have a choose in the matter, please Post how many of each type you want.

2) After you receive your cards, Post your Move and your Action. Announce if a Skill Check is necessary

3) When a Skill check is necessary, in player order, Post the quantity of Skill cards you are playing (if any) and immediately GeekMail the type of each. Once I have collected all Skill cards, I will randomly add two from the Destiny deck and declare the outcome. Time limit on skill checks is 24 hours before I continue the game.

4) If "interrupt" cards are played, it is each player's responsibility to declare when they want to use them. I may prompt for them the first few turns until we are comfortable that it can be handled fairly. (This will effect when I play Destiny Cards)

5) I will Post the Crisis card, the current player (or appropriate player) will Post the choice. Skill checks will be handled as above. I will use Excel to randomly generate dice rolls.

6) If ships are to be activated, the current player will Post each section to be resolved and Post any other decisions that are necessary. I have identified each space section with numbers and each Centurion with a color for easier communication.

7) If you are over your hand limit, GeekMail which cards are to be discarded.

8) If any choices are to be private, I will GeekMail the choices (such as the 2 destination cards for the admiral, etc.).

9) I will do my best to remember special Character abilities but I appreciate the reminder when your character comes up. I will not pause for "once per game" abilities so please be alert as to when you may be wanting to use them.

10) If we get tangled, I will rewind the current turn as best as possible. any mistakes from previous turns not caught during that turn are locked and will not be replayed.

11) You may leave me with conditional orders, especially in the sense of Skill checks, that I can activate when your turn comes up.

12) If anything seems questionable, please GeekMail me before Posting.

13) Any rules posted on the original thread (Game 01) are applicable here.

If you have any questions or would like more info on the gameboard, please ask/post now. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Setup - Part 1

3. Determine First Player: Randomly choose a player to be
the first player, and give him the current player token.

Player order will be as follows:
1) ackmondual
2) Daimbert
3) Michael
4) Christie
5) BugLaden
6) Chuck

4. Choose and Place Characters: Starting with the first
player and proceeding clockwise, each player chooses a
character of the character type(s) that is most plentiful
(political leader, military leader, or pilot). This restriction
does not apply to support characters, who may be
chosen at any time.

ackmondual, please select your character and POST here. Once he has posted, please follow in order. (As I mentioned in the previuos thread, I would like to follow the rule book, including character selection - however - if the majority of you want to be free to select whoever, I am fine with that as well).

In game 1, the players opted to switch their avatars to their character. While this is not necessary, it does help out tremendously in not only following the conversation but making sure I send the right info to the right person! Your choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings, all. Nice to be playing with you.

I'll just say a couple of things:

1) I'm a rookie at the game, having played parts of a couple of games, solo (so without real traitors). I hope this won't impact the game too much; I've been following the other thread and picking up some pointers.

2) I own the game, and intend to dig out the decks of cards so that I can look up what they are to know what's going on, to help with my lack of knowledge. That means, though, that a lot of my plays that depend on knowing what a card does -- likely more for the first couple of turns -- might have to be when I'm near my game, which is at home, which means in the morning or in the evening.

3) I'm in the Eastern time zone, but I get up at 5:30 and go to sleep by 10. I will make a supreme effort to check before I go to sleep, just in case and to accomodate others.

4) My roleplaying of the characters may be limited; I watched part of season 1 and part of season 4. I will make an attempt, though, because it just seems to be SO much fun [grin]. Just warning you now.

5) Like my Canadian counterpart in the other thread, I don't have the GeekGold to choose an avatar that represents my character. Considering that I generally (almost exclusively) play solo I probably should post up more reviews and session reports from that perspective, but I just never had the time.

6) I'm long-winded. You'd never have guessed, right [grin].

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ackmondual
United States
SoCal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I choose Starbuck

Also, shouldn't the thread be "Session two"? (me and my "wonderful" nitpicking.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In order to speed the game up (since I might not be on later for the official call to post) ...

Karl "Helo" Agathon, I choose you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Daimbert wrote:
In order to speed the game up (since I might not be on later for the official call to post) ...

Karl "Helo" Agathon, I choose you!

No official call to post necessary. I am only posting as a reminder to who is next.

Michael, please select a Political Leader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seiya V
United States
New York
flag msg tools
You'll Never Walk Alone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck to everyone playing the 2nd game!

It's a blast playing through the first one.

Also, Brian, could you send me the files? I want to see how you do all this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seiyaaa wrote:
Also, Brian, could you send me the files? I want to see how you do all this.

Do you have Photoshop? Or do you just want the Excel file?

[checking to make sure I don't send you your game file!]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Pierce
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoo, hooo! Looking forward to a great Cylon-killing game!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chuck,

Get in the spirit, change your godsdamn avatar (I would suggest either the 10th Cylon or a toaster from the original series).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Pierce
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Laura, darling, I don't yet have a character. As soon as I get to choose one, I'll change my Avatar. Don't get your panties all in a wad... :-)

Oh, I AM NOT A CYLON. So, I cannot choose a Cylon Avatar.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
I choose:
Gaius Fracking Baltar

I will be leaving for Adepticon tomorrow, so my presence could be spotty over the next couple of days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Pierce
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jormi_Boced wrote:
I choose:
Gaius Fracking Baltar

And we have Cylon #1... devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
Oxotnik wrote:
Jormi_Boced wrote:
I choose:
Gaius Fracking Baltar

No, I am just a sympathizer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Christie will be next and can choose any of the remaining characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jormi_Boced wrote:
I choose:
Gaius Fracking Baltar

I will be leaving for Adepticon tomorrow, so my presence could be spotty over the next couple of days.

Thanks for notifying us.

If you want to GeekMail me conditional orders for your initial card draw, that would be fine. Or we can wait until you check back in. Either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oxotnik wrote:
Jormi_Boced wrote:
I choose:
Gaius Fracking Baltar

Chuck, we both know that is Cylon #2. robot robot robot robot

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Pierce
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Knepper, don't you have a battle to fight over in a parallel universe??????cool

I do nothing but good. I have never been, nor will never be, a frakking Cylon. I have nothing but the fleet's best interest at heart. 0:-)

edit: needed to correct that troublesome double negative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zoe
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Christie will be next and can choose any of the remaining characters.

Since Starbuck....My fave...is already taken;
I will choose Apollo.
It's my desire in life to blast any frank'n toaster that has the nerve to go near our ship! devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here will be the first of probably many questions about the specifics of the game:

So, since I start stranded, I assume that the "Cannot take an action" includes not being able to play a card like "Executive Order" on my turn. Is that correct?

When I thought that I might be able to play an XO on my turn, I was thinking about loading up on Leadership in my first draw, but since I can use Tactics cards on other people's turns to help out their rolls, it would make more sense to load up on Tactics until I can get to the ship.

Looking at a 2 Tactics, 1 Piloting initial draw. It leaves me short a Leadership for the first Crisis, but maintains my versatility after I get my first draw.

If any of this discussion would be too much -- although, since I don't have a loyalty card yet there's nothing to reveal [grin] -- let me know and I'll edit/delete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Cybulskie
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One additional note: I will be out of town on Saturday, returning late Sunday morning/early Sunday afternoon. I should be able to check in early Saturday morning before I leave, and then again when I get back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Pierce
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zoe79 wrote:
I will choose Apollo.
It's my desire in life to blast any frank'n toaster that has the nerve to go near our ship! devil

Excellent! I'm thrilled to hear, Apollo, that you'll be keeping the near space clear of Cylon Raiders! I also understand that you have a great relationship with the gods of Kobol. We'll take all the help we can frakking get!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

I am still considering a possible third game in the future or if anyone is interested in running games, I would gladly share what stuff I have to assist (but it is mostly designed to assist in setting up the PhotoShop summaries).

If you are interested in a future game, please post on the original thread as that is what I am using to set the order: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/392402

Brian: I've been following your thread and geeklist with great interest, and am ramping up towards running a game myself. The biggest hole in my preparations is something akin to your photoshop pieces. If you're willing to share them I'ld love to get them. I'll send you a PM with email address, and ask that you forward them to me. I assume you must have seperate images for dials, ships, characters, and then assemble them as needed. Anyway, any digital assitance you can send and share wil be appreciated, and accredited.

To the new players on this thread, may I make this suggestion?

Use the [ ImageID= 123 ] tags or [ IMG ] tags to insert a character picture, especially if you do not want to change your avatar. Given that folks will eventually change avatars, this thread will be readable 3 years from now ONLY IF you use the imageid= solution instead of the avatar soln.
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Besides, zoe's avatar is fine the way it is. OK, maybe add the red laser eyes, but that would be it

You can quote this post to see how these examples were created.

Imageid examples

Quote:
Note that with ImageID you can give an optional argument (micro, square, small, medium, large, original) in the brackets to set the image size, e.g. [ ImageID=xxxxxx original]. The default is small.

IMG Example (Thanks to Season 1's Apollo btw):

Quote:
Note that there is also [ INLINEIMG ]http://foo.bar/com.jpg[ /INLINEIMG ]

Hope that helps!

Gerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oxotnik wrote:
zoe79 wrote:
I will choose Apollo.

Excellent! I'm thrilled to hear, Apollo, that you'll be keeping the near space clear of Cylon Raiders! I also understand that you have a great relationship with the gods of Kobol. We'll take all the help we can frakking get!

The gods look upon everyone equally. This should be apparent in that someone did not get to go first and now I have the cold shoulder.

BTW, Apollo needs to tell me which Sector he is going to launch into: 5 or 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [64] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.