$10.00
conlan rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I'm proud to announce that Reiner Knizia's Knights of Charlemagne (aka "Tabula Rasa") will be available April 10 in the iTunes appstore.

It will be priced at $1.99 and will be in the Strategy/Board game categories.

Features:

* A cunning AI to play against -- 3 difficulty levels including King Charlemagne himself!

* Challenge a human opponent in 2 player mode.

* In-game help for beginning players (turn on/off in rules section).

I will be sure to update this thread as the game gets closer to being released!

Thanks,
Conlan Rios

*Updated* The game is now available for download:

iTunes appstore link: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftwa...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Reiner Knizia's Knights of Charlemagne for iPhone/iPod Touch coming soon! (April 8)
Don't know anything about Tabula Rasa, but I hope this is a big success so we can get lots more board game conversions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Reiner Knizia's Knights of Charlemagne for iPhone/iPod Touch coming soon! (April 8)
Knights of Charlemagne really plays best with 3 players. I think I would have chosen another game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
that may be, but I will buy it just to support things like this. Maybe we can get BattleLine next
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tough to go wrong for the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Sylvania
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Never played the game, but I'll play it for $2.

And I'll note that Zombie in my Pocket, the solo print and play game, is in development for the iPhone. We don't have a release date yet, but it's coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
conlan rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, thanks for the comments so far
I really hope you like the game and am looking forward to the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Cannon
United States
ATLANTA
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am waiting for the next iPhone that should be out this summer, but I will cetainly get this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh P.
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's hoping for an iPhone version of Ingenious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
conlan rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Reiner Knizia's Knights of Charlemagne for iPhone/iPod Touch coming soon! (April 10)
Hey there! I'm updating this thread to let you know that the release date has been pushed back a couple days to April 10.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
conlan rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The game is now available for download! I've updated the original post, but here's the link anyway:

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftwa...

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious, is this conversion approved by Reiner?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Sylvania
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Purchased, played, and it's fun. It's not something that I'm going to want to play all the time, but it's well worth $2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
conlan rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@brian: Yup! This is officially licensed from Dr. Reiner Knizia.

@jeremiah: Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!

@everyone: feel free to let me know your thoughts or questions about the game rules or controls
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Baird
United States
Pflugerville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[quote]@brian: Yup! This is officially licensed from Dr. Reiner Knizia.
[/quote]

Excellent!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh "Der Spieler" Spillers
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plays great! Nice graphics and interface. It's good to hear that it was Knizia-approved. I would like to see a 3 to 4 player update (AI and PvP) in the future and maybe some wireless play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, purchased and played a couple of times.

First big suggestion is something I've been seeing a lot lately, sound *and* music should be separate on/off choices. In order to turn off the music (which is nice, but eventually drills itself into your head), you have to turn off everything, and you lose all the feedback sounds.

Second suggestion is that it would be nice if we could have the numbers on the knights that we're choosing from just a bit larger. It's quite tough on these tired old eyes to make them out. You can do it, it's just a bit of work. Sometimes you have to shuffle them around etc, and you can figure it out, but it's an ease of use thing.

The shields in the centre after choosing are fine, because then all you care about is quantity and colour, and the sword etc show that just fine.

Maybe offer two icon sets in the preferences, "normal" and "high visibility", where it blocks more of the knight picture out to enlarge the numbers.

Good job guys, and I'm glad to support you, and I hope we'll see more board games in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremiah Lee
United States
Sylvania
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, those numbers are pretty darn small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
conlan rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@Steven Duff

Hey, thanks for the great feedback! We're planning on putting out an update in the next week or two that should let you play your own music.

I'll also look into a high visibility mode with larger numbers...perhaps shaking the device can toggle the mode?

Watch this thread for updates. I'll also tweet updates at my new twitter account: http://twitter.com/conlan.

Thanks guys
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerald Squelart
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
publisher
Full Metal Planete - Weather Hen
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Conlan,

Great job on the app, love it!

conlan wrote:
I'll also look into a high visibility mode with larger numbers...perhaps shaking the device can toggle the mode?

I would advise against this, as Apple is thinking of using device-shaking as a standard way to undo an operation in OS 3.0. And in other apps, shaking is usually associated with randomizing or resetting things, not just switching a mode.

I know it's probably more difficult, but IMHO I think it would be better to add a UI element for this mode switch. It could be as simple as an icon like 'aA' (as used in some webpages), ideally on the game page. Or a settings page accessible from an (i) icon in the main page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Gerald makes good points. Shaking, while cool, wouldn't be very intuitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
conlan rios
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Okay, so shaking is out shake

I think there's room to fit another checkbox on the rules page where the in-game help toggle is.

How's that sound?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds awesome to me.

Now to just beat that damn King once... angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conlan Rios
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Update 1.1 is now out!

Features:

- High visibility mode (toggle it on/off in rules).
- Doesn't fade out your music on startup (now you can listen to Conan the Barbarian while playing!!)
- Improved rules text

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.