United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Round Table
Donald, Scott, and Erik, discuss what two years of On Board Games has meant to them.
Giles chimes in as well.

Web Site: http://onboardgames.net/
RSS Feed: http://onboardgames.libsyn.com/rss
Email us: onboardgames.net@gmail.com
Episode Link: http://onboardgames.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=450303
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Esteban Fernandez
Spain
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great program, just to clarify, when I said that I had deleted Dominion from my christmas shopping list it was true, there were no irony on that.

Its not a question of the power you all can have on the podcast, but more a question of similar tastes on games, some days ago I ordered to Amazon.de Zack & PAck, and after seeing Scotts video review I knew I was not going to like it, but I cannot cancel the order.

Now I had played and I dont like it, my son loves it thats why Im keeping it, for now, but I want to trade it away, one of these days I have to try Dominion to see if its a good game or not, I hope its a good one, but after listening the podcast it changes from a "buy" to a "try".

And just about the podcast, I like the round table and the reviews, those are short and straight to the game mechanics, not the ones that explain the game phase by phase..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
My favorite reviews are the ones that have two people talking about the game, there seems to be less rules geekery, and more game play experience discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Kalla
Canada
flag msg tools
my favorite part of the podcast is the roundtable, where you guys just talk about the topic at hand, boardgame related stuff and sometimes things that are totally unrelated. funny . also i like the idea of bringing in differnt people into the roundtable once and awhile like Giles or other supporters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Esko
Sweden
Piteå
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Happy Birthday OBG!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the round table is by far the best part about the show. It's always interesting to listen, I think I've liked all of them or maybe 1 or 2 less interesting. The other segments and the reviews are a bit hit and miss for me. You miss a lot in a short audio only review, I prefer videos.

I don't mind having "guest stars" in the round table, when one of you can't make it. I think 3 is a good number. The only bad thing about OBG is that there's so long between episodes give me mooore!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Esko
Sweden
Piteå
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
And Giles, you're fun to listen to But it is more interesting to listen when 2 or 3 people are talking/discussing rather then a monologue. Would be nice if you could join the round table some day, if it works with time zones etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Dewey
United States
Broken Arrow
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Giles,

I have to say, your audio journals crack me up. I love them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awakening wrote:
And Giles, you're fun to listen to But it is more interesting to listen when 2 or 3 people are talking/discussing rather then a monologue. Would be nice if you could join the round table some day, if it works with time zones etc.

Thanks Magnus!!

Sorry for the delayed response - I have been away on holiday and am only just catching up with everything!

I agree - it is fun to do a monologue, but when I record with others it is more fun! I will trying to get Kylie or James involved a little more with that!

Cheers,

Giles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ayrk wrote:
Giles,

I have to say, your audio journals crack me up. I love them.

Thanks Erik!! laugh That brings the total of people who like them up to, and this is a round-about estimate, not fully detailing all respondants and people involved directly or indirectly, about 2, including myself

Cheers,

Giles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giles Pritchard
Australia
Shepparton
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bumpypete wrote:
my favorite part of the podcast is the roundtable, where you guys just talk about the topic at hand, boardgame related stuff and sometimes things that are totally unrelated. funny . also i like the idea of bringing in differnt people into the roundtable once and awhile like Giles or other supporters.

Thanks Rich!

Cheers,

Giles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
caradoc wrote:
Thanks Erik!! laugh That brings the total of people who like them up to, and this is a round-about estimate, not fully detailing all respondants and people involved directly or indirectly, about 2, including myself

Make that three, Connie loves them!

er...

I ... I mean "make that four, Connie and I both love 'em." Yeah, that's it, That's what I meant!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.