Die Säulen von Venedig» Forums » General

Subject: Request: Formarted Role Cards for ArtsCow rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: artscow [+] [View All]
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Now I can add text to my avatar? Sweet! How do I do it?
mbmbmbmbmb
ArtsCow is running another great deal on custom cards (info on the deal can be found here) and I'd love to take advantage of it by making an English set of the role cards. There's also a geeklist with ArtsCow card sets. It contains sets that BGG users have put together and made available for other users.

BGG user Jim_P has been kind enough to create English role cards as contained in this file.Unfortunately, I do not know how to get them into a format that would be useable on ArtsCow. If anyone can help me out, I'd very much appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm working on it now, have it done tonight or tomorrow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards finished:
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=h30kekh3
There were 12 different pictures in the file you linked to, I didn't create multiple copies of each picture for autofill, but everything you need to get yourself an deck in English should be there (including the back image.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
Cards finished:
http://www.artscow.com/ShareAlbum.aspx?Key=h30kekh3
There were 12 different pictures in the file you linked to, I didn't create multiple copies of each picture for autofill, but everything you need to get yourself an deck in English should be there (including the back image.)

Wow! These are great! Thank you very much!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is some problem with this set while the images on the card may be the same the number on it is different so you just can't print X number of this image as on one card alone the numbers vary from 4 to 6.

In addition down in the bottom right corner is an indicator of which cards are used based upon on the number of players in the game. I guess one really needs to convert all of the cards from the original pdf files. Wish I had the necessary skills to convert the stuff to ArtsCow.

Thanks for providing the above set. I'll see if I can figure out a workaround.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kevruth wrote:
There is some problem with this set while the images on the card may be the same the number on it is different so you just can't print X number of this image as on one card alone the numbers vary from 4 to 6.

In addition down in the bottom right corner is an indicator of which cards are used based upon on the number of players in the game. I guess one really needs to convert all of the cards from the original pdf files. Wish I had the necessary skills to convert the stuff to ArtsCow.

I wasn't aware of that. (I've never played the game). I'll see if I can find some time to get the rest of the images online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
kevruth wrote:

I wasn't aware of that. (I've never played the game). I'll see if I can find some time to get the rest of the images online.

Thanks so much. It does appear that each is different because of the "number of players" in the bottom right-hand corner of each card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
kevruth wrote:

Doh!!! Good call, but I didn't realize this until after my Artscow order came in and I couldn't play with these English cards. I guess I'll have to mark them up.

Nevertheless, thanks spearjr for your help, especially since you don't even play this game. The Artscow deck came perfectly printed so you formatted them well. I'm sure Kevin's going to love the fixed version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Kevin Rutherford finished up the images. Thanks Kevin! I've been keeping it on my to-do list, but haven't found the time yet.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/40596/item/944495#item...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
Looks like Kevin Rutherford finished up the images. Thanks Kevin! I've been keeping it on my to-do list, but haven't found the time yet.

I hope they turn out okay. I'm waiting for my shipment from ArtsCow to see if things worked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevruth wrote:
spearjr wrote:

I hope they turn out okay. I'm waiting for my shipment from ArtsCow to see if things worked.

Received my deck yesterday and it looks great. Now that I've got a set of cards and the newly-formatted english rule book also in the file section I can finally get this game to the table. The rules sound really, really fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1603-1714
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kevruth wrote:

Yes, I was aware of that when they were made. When my cards arrived, and they looked great, I just took a permanent marker and wrote in a few numbers to match the cards that came with the set. Not a big deal to me - it was just great to have the cards in English - but it's probably good to point out - Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.