$10.00
David Hunter
United Kingdom
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
As far as I am aware it is free shipping anywhere in the world. It certainly was to the UK.

When it is not free shipping they standardly charge $5.99 for the first deck shipped anywhere in the world and $4.99 for any subsequent decks.

No idea how they manage to make any money!

Cheers
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
idmonfish wrote:
As far as I am aware it is free shipping anywhere in the world. It certainly was to the UK.

When it is not free shipping they standardly charge $5.99 for the first deck shipped anywhere in the world and $4.99 for any subsequent decks.

Cheers
David

Yep, if it is like that, then I am also wondering...

Maybe they leech on something else? ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunter
United Kingdom
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I think they are probably loss leadering ie getting people hooked on them and then making money from their other purchases. Otherwise it pretty much has to be volume, even if they are making a small amount with the number of decks being ordered it adds up!

Cheers
David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. P. Harris
United States
flag msg tools
Seeking more help!

I am trying to make an order right now...So, if I want no border (as for the card back), do I just use the file as is or even zoom in to make sure the color goes all the way to the edge? I am trying to make the Auf Achse English deck & the back is mostly solid blue so cropping doesn't matter & I want the blue all the way to the edge. Also for Decktet, would I just not zoom the back at all? Or, someone recommended zooming 5 clicks for the Decktet backs...what would that do? Same question for the "M" set for the card fronts...

Also, when I clicked "reset" on one of the card fronts, it looked like the image was zoomed about 6 clicks evenly all around. Is this what the finished card looks like?

Also, just to confirm, when I do the final "review", it looks like only one side of the card will be printed on...is this the "brokenness" that has been mentioned and I should trust the designer view? The designer view looks like the sides get cropped more than the tops when I zoom (I have experimented with zooming 2 to 4 clicks for the Auf Auchse fronts). TIA!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
For size, I use their recommended size of 780x1081. I've printed several decks using this size and been very happy with them.

And for you neophytes, that ends up about 2.6 inches x 3.6 inches at 300dpi (dots per inch), which is proper printing resolution. Perfect!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pamela Tan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has their price increased to $14.99 ?
http://www.artscow.com/Create/ShowProduct.aspx?ProductId=313

or is $4.99/$5.99 a special promotion or something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunter
United Kingdom
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Pamela
It was a special promotion, though one that has apparently been repeated fairly regularly for the last few months, so heres hoping it comes again soon!

Cheers
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pamela Tan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh I see, thanks David, have seen the other threads now.

One question, so if we create an account now and go to the shared albums - can we just print those and hence don't need to upload pix and center them zoom them etc? We just select and print, is it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunter
United Kingdom
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
You can just go to the shared albums so you don't need to upload pix. However you will still need to center and zoom them as per the instructions above.

Cheers
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
idmonfish wrote:
You can just go to the shared albums so you don't need to upload pix. However you will still need to center and zoom them as per the instructions above.

Cheers
David

And you should also make sure the cards lay into the slots correctly (particularly if you are doing a deck with custom fronts and backs).

Just using the "Add All" feature (or whatever its called) will likely result in incorrect placements. You are (usually) better off placing the cards into individual slots yourself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pelle Nilsson
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Other similar sites that print stuff you design usually have templates in PDF or SVG format that I can download, fill in my contents, then upload and have printed. Is there really no such feature on ArtsCow? I can only find that designer silverlight thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunter
United Kingdom
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
There is only the silverlight thing. You can upload entire albums of pictures at once, but you still then need to use the silverlight designer to centre & zoom appropriately.

Cheers
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pamela Tan
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
idmonfish wrote:

Cheers
David

Well they probably have it printed in mainland China at like US$1.00 per deck
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal B
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bryanwinter wrote:
spearjr wrote:
For size, I use their recommended size of 780x1081. I've printed several decks using this size and been very happy with them.

And for you neophytes, that ends up about 2.6 inches x 3.6 inches at 300dpi (dots per inch), which is proper printing resolution. Perfect!

I prepared images for my deck exactly as stated above (780*1081px). The printed cards have the borders "cutted" down (I had ~12px border designed -as recomended somewhere on BGG forum, but it was not enough! - the top+bottom are printed as ~3px and left+right as ~9px width). This is not an exception, the whole 54 set is cutted the same way surprise
This is not a disaster, but I have to take this in count when designing my next order - and you probably too cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Myszak wrote:
bryanwinter wrote:
spearjr wrote:

I prepared images for my deck exactly as stated above (780*1081px). The printed cards have the borders "cutted" down (I had ~12px border designed -as recomended somewhere on BGG forum, but it was not enough! - the top+bottom are printed as ~3px and left+right as ~9px width). This is not an exception, the whole 54 set is cutted the same way surprise
This is not a disaster, but I have to take this in count when designing my next order - and you probably too cool
As mention in several places, it is a very good idea to zoom out several times to make sure you have sufficient border.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M H
Germany
Göttingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't it better to pick the Custom Multi-purpose Cards instead of the Custom Playing Cards 54 Designs.
Doesn't the later have always two Jokers? Or can they be replaced?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunter
United Kingdom
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi Topper

The custom 54 design playing cards don't include jokers, they include whichever 54 designs you choose to use. The only advantage of the multi-purpose cares is that they have 54 unique fronts and 54 unique backs as well - handy if you are finishing off two different sets of cards.

Cheers
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonty
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the coupons be used on the multi-purpose cards with the 54 unique fronts and 54 unique backs? I thought the coupon was only good for the single back set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal B
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
As mention in several places, it is a very good idea to zoom out several times to make sure you have sufficient border.

Unfortunatelly, even the zoomed pictures in their online designer looked awesome, but the printed cards do not.
Never mind, it was my first own experience, worth the action price I'll give it more "gray area" next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tanner Griffin
United States
South Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
One crucial question (for me) which I have not seen anywhere (or overlooked :cool: :

Does the Free Shipping (with elligible coupons etc.) also apply for Europe? And/or what are the shipping costs to Europe?

Any Czech/German/Austrian/Hungarian/Polish/Slovak orderers with succesful deliveries out there who can tell what the shipping would be to here?

The company is based in Hong Kong, so I'd assume it's free shipping worldwide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Nyberg
Sweden
Luleå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should have needed this i ordered 4-6 thinking that it was the size of the cards. On top of that I made 2 orders so i had to pay shipping twice. so thats 10$ to the fishes. I returned the packages without opening them. And now ia saw a offer for custom trading cards and got a hang on the deckmeaking but now i lost enough money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
idmonfish wrote:
10. Now you need to click on each individual card and make sure that the edges aren't going to be cut off in the printing. To do this select the card and at the top right click zoom out until you are happy (most people recommend 2-4 times). Repeat this for every card (yep very dull).
I'm still slightly confused about this step. Is the point to make sure the image is entirely inside the thin grey border that appears onscreen? Or is that just a 'close to the edge' warning thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunter
United Kingdom
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Its a good question. Since their cutting isn't entirely consistent it is hard to answer. I would ensure at least all of the image is inside the thin grey border. If there is text or important imagery near the edge of the card I would contemplate (and have done) shrinking the image even further to avoid text getting chopped - that said it doesn't look nearly as nice if this is done.

Cheers
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Liu
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
idmonfish wrote:

Cheers
David

What? This is Crazy....
How many decks can I order for free shipping using the coupon?
I think I'm going to fall for this.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunter
United Kingdom
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
darkavatar1470 wrote:
Joeyeti wrote:
idmonfish wrote:

Cheers
David

What? This is Crazy....
How many decks can I order for free shipping using the coupon?
I think I'm going to fall for this.....

As far as I can tell any amount. My largest order so far has been for 16 decks.

Cheers
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.