$10.00
David Liu
Taiwan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
idmonfish wrote:
As far as I can tell any amount. My largest order so far has been for 16 decks.

Cheers
David

Thanks for the explanation!!
I'll start tinkering with their system once I make through all those exams on Tuesday...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Nyberg
Sweden
Luleå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
idmonfish wrote:
darkavatar1470 wrote:
Joeyeti wrote:
idmonfish wrote:
As far as I am aware it is free shipping anywhere in the world. It certainly was to the UK.

When it is not free shipping they standardly charge $5.99 for the first deck shipped anywhere in the world and $4.99 for any subsequent decks.

No idea how they manage to make any money!

Cheers
David

Yep, if it is like that, then I am also wondering...

Maybe they leech on something else? ninja

What? This is Crazy....
How many decks can I order for free shipping using the coupon?
I think I'm going to fall for this.....


As far as I can tell any amount. My largest order so far has been for 16 decks.

Cheers
David


I have ordered a total of around 30 decks the past weekend in different orders.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Ross
United States
Winfield
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if ArtsCow is planning on offering a smaller deck or allowing customers to choose different card sizes? I've got a great idea for expanding some of my games, but they do not use the standard card deck size.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GuppyGamer wrote:
Does anyone know if ArtsCow is planning on offering a smaller deck or allowing customers to choose different card sizes? I've got a great idea for expanding some of my games, but they do not use the standard card deck size.
Talisman?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar Gallego
Spain
Sarriguren
Navarra
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Or Galactica. A lot of games don't use the standard size, and I would bet that there is (or there will be) a geeklist of those games.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason -
United States
Unspecified
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About how long has does it take for decks to arrive in the US (I'm in New York) after placing your order? Thanks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LetsGoRed wrote:
About how long has does it take for decks to arrive in the US (I'm in New York) after placing your order? Thanks.


Took me about 2.5 weeks. The result (Civ cards) was awesome..... Now if only I knew how to make a jpeg (I know it sounds silly but I am pretty much PC illiterate!) so I can make a Fortuna deck....
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
LimboLance wrote:
LetsGoRed wrote:
About how long has does it take for decks to arrive in the US (I'm in New York) after placing your order? Thanks.


Took me about 2.5 weeks. The result (Civ cards) was awesome..... Now if only I knew how to make a jpeg (I know it sounds silly but I am pretty much PC illiterate!) so I can make a Fortuna deck....
You might have luck if you posted a request for help on this. BGG is full of helpful and graphically talented people.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm also doing a self made Civ set and have 6 decks set up to cover the advancement and trade cards. The best price (currently) is $5.99 per deck w/ free shipping. I did make hand cut cards but I wanted something better...and where the backs of the trade cards are centered and not varying from side to side.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Nyberg
Sweden
Luleå
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have the German edition of CIV so this is very interesting.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McThorn
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Here's the GeekList that has the links to my Civ cards.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/40596/page/5

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek U
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Quote:
You'll notice this deck leaves plenty of empty cards.. Not to worry I'm sure you will find something else to fill them with:


Well, I have a question about that. If I have now so much left empty space, because I didn't use all 54 cards, but I already set the back for all 54 cards, my question is:

- If I now add any other cards that wouldn't be part of the same deck, they would have the same back, right?

- What if I want a different back for them?? Would I have to create a brand new deck of 54?? Even if I want to make like 16 cards?

It's kind of a waste of cards with so many empty cards in the deck. It'd be nice if with one deck I could "kill" 2 sets of cards with different backs or 3 sometimes. Is there a way to do that?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, 1 back per deck. You need a different back, make a new deck.

If you want to mix decks, then choose a highly generic card back.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
greengow wrote:
Quote:
You'll notice this deck leaves plenty of empty cards.. Not to worry I'm sure you will find something else to fill them with:


Well, I have a question about that. If I have now so much left empty space, because I didn't use all 54 cards, but I already set the back for all 54 cards, my question is:

- If I now add any other cards that wouldn't be part of the same deck, they would have the same back, right?

- What if I want a different back for them?? Would I have to create a brand new deck of 54?? Even if I want to make like 16 cards?

It's kind of a waste of cards with so many empty cards in the deck. It'd be nice if with one deck I could "kill" 2 sets of cards with different backs or 3 sometimes. Is there a way to do that?
If you don't want to waste cards, you've got to order the product that lets you specify a different back for each card. It's more money though:
http://www.artscow.com/Create/ShowProduct.aspx?ProductId=394
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a WORD document which generates cards for Supremacy: Fortuna (8 cards to a sheet; 184 cards). Is there a way to convert that file into a format to use on the Artscow decks (realizing that I would need 4 decks at 54 cards per deck in order to make them all)?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
LimboLance wrote:
I have a WORD document which generates cards for Supremacy: Fortuna (8 cards to a sheet; 184 cards). Is there a way to convert that file into a format to use on the Artscow decks (realizing that I would need 4 decks at 54 cards per deck in order to make them all)?
I don't know of an easy way. I'm not familiar with nan-deck or the inkscape extension yet, so I'd 1) print the word file to pdf, then 2) export the pdf file to images, then 3) use FNH1's image splitting program to make the individual cards. If you don't have the full version of Adobe I can definitely help you with steps 1 & 2.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek U
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Quote:
If you don't want to waste cards, you've got to order the product that lets you specify a different back for each card. It's more money though:
http://www.artscow.com/Create/ShowProduct.aspx?ProductId=394


Jason, I think that's the link I was looking for. I couldn't find that option on ArtsCow.

Thanks!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek U
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
I've got another question. How do you actually add the cards to the cart??

I mean, I have the albums saved with the cards, I go to the album, I select all cards and all I see is a dropdown with options on how to print these, but none of them says Cards Deck, but they are all some size of pictures?? So how do you order a deck of cards??

I tried just selecting all cards one by one and adding them like that to the cart, but it defaults to size 4x6. And I don't see the option in the cart to change it to a card deck. All different sizes of pictures, but none of cards deck.

How does one order a cards deck then??
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Leveille
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Get your game on!
badge
You know you want to play with purple, don't you?
mbmbmbmbmb
greengow wrote:
I've got another question. How do you actually add the cards to the cart??

I mean, I have the albums saved with the cards, I go to the album, I select all cards and all I see is a dropdown with options on how to print these, but none of them says Cards Deck, but they are all some size of pictures?? So how do you order a deck of cards??

I tried just selecting all cards one by one and adding them like that to the cart, but it defaults to size 4x6. And I don't see the option in the cart to change it to a card deck. All different sizes of pictures, but none of cards deck.

How does one order a cards deck then??

You go to "Create Your Own Stuff" at the top of the page, then go down to the middle of the next page, and click on Playing Cards (in the Fun Stuff category). You then select Custom Playing Cards 54 Designs, and from there, you can Create It to get the cards into a deck. Hope that helps!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Ross
United States
Winfield
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thebes...I think Talisman has all the cards it needs.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maciek U
United States
Cromwell
Connecticut
flag msg tools
smilingra wrote:
greengow wrote:
I've got another question. How do you actually add the cards to the cart??

I mean, I have the albums saved with the cards, I go to the album, I select all cards and all I see is a dropdown with options on how to print these, but none of them says Cards Deck, but they are all some size of pictures?? So how do you order a deck of cards??

I tried just selecting all cards one by one and adding them like that to the cart, but it defaults to size 4x6. And I don't see the option in the cart to change it to a card deck. All different sizes of pictures, but none of cards deck.

How does one order a cards deck then??

You go to "Create Your Own Stuff" at the top of the page, then go down to the middle of the next page, and click on Playing Cards (in the Fun Stuff category). You then select Custom Playing Cards 54 Designs, and from there, you can Create It to get the cards into a deck. Hope that helps!


Jason, that's good, but I'm talking about the ready links to albums that are available here on BGG. I've added them to my albums at ArtsCow, but now when I tried to check out, it only shows picture sizes available in the dropdown for check out, but not cards.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lotus dweller
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
greengow wrote:

Jason, that's good, but I'm talking about the ready links to albums that are available here on BGG. I've added them to my albums at ArtsCow, but now when I tried to check out, it only shows picture sizes available in the dropdown for check out, but not cards.


After logging in put
http://www.artscow.com/Create/ShowProduct.aspx?ProductId=313
in a new tab. Then click the yellow/orange button "Create It".

After that you're best off following page 1 of this thread.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
People can create links to completed card decks, I don't know why they don't. I haven't actually created any from scratch, so I don't feel entitled to link them, but it can be done.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
People can create links to completed card decks, I don't know why they don't. I haven't actually created any from scratch, so I don't feel entitled to link them, but it can be done.
Oh really? Please share the process.

There was a LOT of discussion months ago when people were trying to make and/or share Free Trader decks. While it seemed possible to see another's prezoomed deck in the silverlight editor, it didn't seem possible to add it to your shopping cart or share a completed card deck product with another.

I will happily go back and alter the links I posted in the various geeklists if there is a better way.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Go to 'My Saved Designs' - one of the options under each deck is 'Share With Friends'. You can either email somone from that page, or copy the Share Link. Here's my Commodore deck (with some extra cards as filler):

http://www.artscow.com/share/wq3rz1znczhv

Just 'Add To Cart' and you have yourself a deck. Unfortunately, it does credit me with the deck, it's not mine, I only arranged the images!
6 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.