$10.00
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
Go to 'My Saved Designs' - one of the options under each deck is 'Share With Friends'. You can either email somone from that page, or copy the Share Link. Here's my Commodore deck (with some extra cards as filler):

http://www.artscow.com/share/wq3rz1znczhv

Just 'Add To Cart' and you have yourself a deck. Unfortunately, it does credit me with the deck, it's not mine, I only arranged the images!
Awesome. I don't think that link was always there for the completed card decks. But I'll be editing some links soon. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Wow. I had no idea. Since so many people have already created these decks, should we ask people to add the completed links to the individual games under one of the comprehensive Geeklists of Artscow games?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
One problem is that many games don't use full 54-card decks, leaving gaps you must fill before you can order. That happened with Commodore, but with only a couple of cards left, I just filled with duplicates. To share a deck, you'd have to fill the gaps with something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hunter
United Kingdom
Newcastle-under-Lyme
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I noticed this awhile back, but I prefer the customisability that comes with having access to the full album rather than the "finished" product. Largely for the reason Wulf mentions but also because I prefer to ensure it is right myself, rather than rely on others.

Cheers
David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a good point, David. Finished links can be good, but often times you want to adjust things, change the card back used, add a reference card, etc.

I think providing both links in the geeklists, one to the album and one to the finished deck, would be a good idea.

Best of both worlds, and all that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Evidently the facility to share a completed design is still being developed - you now have to tick a box to show the 'Add To Cart' button, and save the page thereafter (down at the bottom of the page).
Here's my revamped version:
http://www.artscow.com/share/wq3rz1znczhv

EDIT: Incidentally, I'm not 100% happy with those cards - it looks like the images are marginally off the edges. They looked OK in the Designer, but I haven't ordered that deck myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
Next stupid ArtsCow question: I have set up 54 card decks and saved them with the desired back in the 'back' (final) slot.

When I view My Saved Designs, the backs are all blank in the thumbnail photos of the decks. Did I do something wrong? I am afraid to pull the trigger until I can figure out if the decks I set up even have backs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Douglass
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I freaked about the same thing. All I can say is mine looked the same way but printed out fine.

I hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grandslam wrote:
Next stupid ArtsCow question: I have set up 54 card decks and saved them with the desired back in the 'back' (final) slot.

When I view My Saved Designs, the backs are all blank in the thumbnail photos of the decks. Did I do something wrong? I am afraid to pull the trigger until I can figure out if the decks I set up even have backs.

Don't worry. For some reason the backs never show up once you're done. However, when the cards arrive the back has what you selected. Some flaw in ArtsCow's web software.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Gomez
United States
Chula Vista
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've yet to use ArtsCow, so I don't exactly know what I am talking about... ...but why don't we come up with a generic BoardGameGeek (or some such) card back that we can use for different games when we have leftovers.

That way it'll be easy to mix with other game decks.

How about a design contest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
herman_the_german wrote:
I've yet to use ArtsCow, so I don't exactly know what I am talking about... ...but why don't we come up with a generic BoardGameGeek (or some such) card back that we can use for different games when we have leftovers.

I LIKE IT!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LimboLance wrote:
I LIKE IT!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Saint Joseph
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
I would do all the things I have ever dreamed of doing. I would love to become a professional whistler.I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I wanna get, like, even better. Make my living out of it.
badge
Bffffttt, Pffffttt, Buuuuurtt........
mbmbmbmbmb
herman_the_german wrote:

Well I worked up a few generic gaming background before, based on images here on BGG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Sweeney
United States
Clinton Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
spearjr wrote:
herman_the_german wrote:
Well I worked up a few generic gaming background before, based on images here on BGG.

How about a Poll ... I like...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt R
United States
DFW
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LimboLance wrote:
spearjr wrote:
herman_the_german wrote:

How about a Poll ... I like...

So *that's* what the "BGG Geek" does in his spare time when he's not running around with checkerboards!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
...but why don't we come up with a generic BoardGameGeek (or some such) card back that we can use for different games when we have leftovers.

Not to take away from the fun looking decks but you probably could use the 54 multi back rectangle deck ($10) with 54 different faces and 54 different backs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
Quote:
...but why don't we come up with a generic BoardGameGeek (or some such) card back that we can use for different games when we have leftovers.

Not to take away from the fun looking decks but you probably could use the 54 multi back rectangle deck ($10) with 54 different faces and 54 different backs.

Question about the multi-back decks... they still come out with rounded edges, right? I just worry when I see "rectangle" and the images in the preview have squared edges (as opposed to the other decks which show round edges in preview).

Here's the deck I have ready to do, but I don't want to pull the trigger on ordering it until I know it's going to have the round edges: http://www.artscow.com/share/9gfglv6fms5a
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:
Question about the multi-back decks... they still come out with rounded edges, right? I just worry when I see "rectangle" and the images in the preview have squared edges (as opposed to the other decks which show round edges in preview).

I got my first order from Artscow a few days ago. I got three decks with unique pictures on the front and back of each card, and the edges are indeed rounded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grudunza wrote:

Yes, they are the exact same cards as the regular decks. For only $1 more (with coupon) you get 54 fronts and 54 backs. The "rectangle" name is a bit confusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:
Grudunza wrote:

Yes, they are the exact same cards as the regular decks. For only $1 more (with coupon) you get 54 fronts and 54 backs. The "rectangle" name is a bit confusing.

Nice. It wasn't so much the "rectangle" name that worried me, but that the preview for that deck showed everything with hard corners, whereas the previews for the other types of deck show rounded corners. But I figured that was probably the case, and yeah, for only a buck more, it's great to be able to have different backs.

Now all I need is another coupon for card decks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Play Games - Interact - Have Fun!
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LordHellfury wrote:
Arts cow has a new deal for playing cards.

Single design $3.99 with shipping included
Code: PLAY399CARDS
Expires 5/12/10

I tried to use this and it said it was already expired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find Artscow to be extremely lame as a website.

Trying to find Jack Reda's expansions for Pandemic (Threat Level 6 and End Days) through their search engine yielded no results. I did find another language version of TL6, but nothing directly linking to his. (I'm also wondering if that was a rip-off of Jack's work.)

I ended up having to go to the Pandemic game entry, search for the individual threads and find the Artscow links, cut and paste them into my browser already logged into the site and then go to enter the code only to find out that it's expired.

This is the 3rd time I've tried to order these cards with similar experiences each time.

Lame.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The codes are first come, first served with limited number of uses each day so it's possible the code was used up before it expired. Here are some more current ones.

ZQ5VRXR Z1PXCLA ZQBQK4E

ZEMSMZW ZF3RSC4 ZS7YFAV ZJTTGFH ZBY23QA

Z3NPH8Z ZXSQG34 ZY5UT2F ZBB16DX ZMN4RAY

ZZHH4UD ZQCHCG5 ZZNJRC7 ZMVMNMR
Z24GP1L
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the codes Rob,

Even with the code discount, $28 for 3 decks of custom cards is still pricey. I'll have to wait for another $3.99 - $5.99 deal I think.

Here's a for your efforts though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Galaxy is Just Packed!
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
manowarplayer wrote:
I find Artscow to be extremely lame as a website.

Trying to find Jack Reda's expansions for Pandemic (Threat Level 6 and End Days) through their search engine yielded no results. I did find another language version of TL6, but nothing directly linking to his. (I'm also wondering if that was a rip-off of Jack's work.)

I ended up having to go to the Pandemic game entry, search for the individual threads and find the Artscow links, cut and paste them into my browser already logged into the site and then go to enter the code only to find out that it's expired.

This is the 3rd time I've tried to order these cards with similar experiences each time.

Lame.

In their defense, keep in mind that ArtCow is a service for people putting their own pictures on a bunch of stuff so they can give it to grandma or directly share with friends, not for people blindly searching for stuff created by someone else. It just so happens that we creative BGG'ers have discovered a good "out of the box" use for their service.

So, put more stock in links and lists (and search engine) here on BGG, and don't blame ArtsCow for not doing something they are not really set up to do.

But to your point, yeah, it would be nice to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.