Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interesting in buying Formula D, but I expect that I'll get bored with two tracks pretty quickly. I don't really fancy paying extortionate prices for originals, so printing homemade copies seems like the only reasonable option.

But where would I download them?

I found this link which seems to contain some jpeg files, but none of them seem desperately hi-res. I haven't tried printing one out, but I don't know how good the quality would be.

To those that have had success printing their own tracks, I ask "where did you get the files?"

thanks,
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a number of them in the Files section in the older game, Formula Dé.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can find alot of tracks for printing here:
http://formulede.online.free.fr/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=3148&p...

I have printed tracks on regular paper and just glued them together afterwards.

It might not always look good,but it plays well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pau bo
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game was love at first sight (game)! We started playing it 2 years. As at the time only existed to sell the GP 10 years and China had to get circuits in any way. About 8 circuits original print 1.00 x 0.80 m problem was solved!Good! Only penalty is the path longer be marked in blue. Patience!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joachim Pehl
Germany
Daubach
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ReggieMcFly wrote:
I'm interesting in buying Formula D, but I expect that I'll get bored with two tracks pretty quickly. I don't really fancy paying extortionate prices for originals, so printing homemade copies seems like the only reasonable option.

But where would I download them?

I found this link which seems to contain some jpeg files, but none of them seem desperately hi-res. I haven't tried printing one out, but I don't know how good the quality would be.

To those that have had success printing their own tracks, I ask "where did you get the files?"

thanks,
Steve

Actually there are 4 tracks currently, since the first expansion is already released. And the next two tracks are already in the pipeline. (If you didn't count the street racing tracks, at least race city is perfectly playable wit normal Formula D(è) rules)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Walters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

East Chicago is playable with Formula De rules also. We have played it twice now and ignor the "bridge jump", but keep the intersection and split road rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Norton
United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for the replies. Interesting to hear how others have got on producing their own tracks. I've ordered my copy of the game and I'm looking forward to playing and designing!

happy gaming,
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Thomas
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
i have a few tracks available for circa £40 per pair if anyone is interested

ReggieMcFly wrote:
Thanks all for the replies. Interesting to hear how others have got on producing their own tracks. I've ordered my copy of the game and I'm looking forward to playing and designing!

happy gaming,
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stevenson

TORONTO
msg tools
Hey! I recently downloaded all the tracks, old & new! They are 300 dpi and roughly 20 megs a file. I recently printed off my first track, The Indianapolis Speedway, on vinyl matte!

mind the focus, my friend took the photo and was a tad excited about it haha

Anyway, I'll be printing off a whole lot more in the new year!

if you are looking for the files.. google "formula de boardgame racetrack scanned images jpg 998MB" or search it on the pirates bay! The entire file is roughly 938 mgs and well worth it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Element
Portugal
flag msg tools
mb
marksmen006 wrote:

if you are looking for the files.. google "formula de boardgame racetrack scanned images jpg 998MB" or search it on the pirates bay! The entire file is roughly 938 mgs and well worth it!

Lovely!

Thanks for the tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Pardo
Spain
Madrid
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
any tips for printing them, is the quality good to print them on real size? would love to start a world championship and miss some of the circuits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Stevenson

TORONTO
msg tools
The indianapolis track was printed at 57" x 36.5"
The quality is fantastic! The size is obviously much bigger than the original, however, I think there should be a size chart somewhere for the tracks. I kept the size larger in order to use 1/144 cars on the track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Paulton
United Kingdom
St. Andrews
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Something of a ridiculous bump (especially for a first post!) but I have been trying various ways of printing some of the tracks in the above files but can't seem to get the scale of the spaces right.

Printing on A4 at 3 x 3 the cars fit but it's only just. At 4 x 4 the squares suddenly become a monstrous size which just looks utterly stupid to play on.

I've been using Paint to print what I've tried so far - is there anything better I could be using?

Finally a question really more for Mark Stevenson above with that awesome Indianapolis track - where did you get that printed? If it was at some sort of print shop did they raise any questions about the ownership/copyright on the image?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludo nauws
Belgium
flag msg tools
Is there a website were I can download the tracks...??

The link mentioned previous in this topics doesnt't exist anymore...

cheers

LUdo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Sparks
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
If you're able to use some sort of torrent program, the above post mentioning to Google for "formula de boardgame racetrack scanned images jpg 998MB" worked for me. Although I now need to figure out what size to print them at...they printed them over-sized and used Micro Machines for the cars. That's pretty cool but a bit more cost prohibitive than I'd like so I just want them to be regular sized!laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Sparks
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Now that I think about it, if they are the same size as the one that came with my Formula D game (I think they are), then figuring out how big they need to be shouldn't be hard. LOL laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Boone

Mankato
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmb
I grabbed the torrent with all the tracks and spent some time figuring out how to print them. What I ended up doing was to use Adobe Acrobat to create a new PDF from file - using one of the track jpg's as the base file. Then I would go to File->Print and in the options set that I am printing a poster. In the print options for scaling, I set it to 72%, doing so set the poster size to be printed at about 39" by 26", which is extremely close to the size of the tracks provided in the current Asmodee versions of the game. I ended up printing a single track (Buenos Aires) on my HP Photosmart printer using a better than standard grade paper. It turned out great! It used about 1/4 magenta ink, 1/2 blue, and 3/4 of a yellow cartridge for just a single track. Tonight I plan on gluing down the sheets to poster board and sealing them with Modge Podge.

I did think of a much better way than printing though. I'm going to get my hands on a small projector and project the track down onto my table! Or maybe even on to a magnetic whiteboard. Tiny magnets on the cars, or even just dry erase markers could do the trick. I'll make sure to get some pics of this once I make it happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Sivewright
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I just printed a track using Paint (67% of original size because Paint only does 120 dpi), cut the bits up with a guillotine & used ultra clear tape (masking tape on the back). Printed on card & kept it in 2 halves as a half fits nicely in a jigsaw carrier, of which I had a spare in the loft. I tried it on Spa happy with the results but gonna try Rasterbater.net for the next to see if the quality's better as that should handle the full 300 dpi.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jens Casier
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
artist_bman wrote:
If you're able to use some sort of torrent program, the above post mentioning to Google for "formula de boardgame racetrack scanned images jpg 998MB" worked for me. Although I now need to figure out what size to print them at...they printed them over-sized and used Micro Machines for the cars. That's pretty cool but a bit more cost prohibitive than I'd like so I just want them to be regular sized!laugh

Hi! Could you send the files with WeTransfer???
I would really like the maps digitally, so I can print them... ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.