mbmbmbmbmb

• [+] Dice rolls
Vincent White
United States
Chestnut Hill
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom, you continue to steal 10 minutes of my life one review at a time and then make my wish list grow and grow..... Will I ever be happy with what I have?...Probably not...One day the whole Small World will be mine!

nice review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corin A. Friesen
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the last conquest of those tritons, you would only need to role a 1 or higher on the die because the lost tribe is next to the lake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ŁṲÎS̈
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
F*** it! Do it LIVE!
badge
Didn't know what to spend all this sweet GG on, so I bought the overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
"Mounted giants" at 8:05...

poor horses.

Another great review.

thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Markus
Finland
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
You don't need any more.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great review! Keep up the good work.

I've been wondering about the mounted giants myself...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Weeks
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ya silly, giants ride giant horses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Eugene
Oregon
msg tools
mb
Funny that Tom avoids any references to Disney in his review. I own Vinci and have played Small World, and here are my comments in the recent "That Game Looks Awful" geeklist:

"Hmm. I was actually thinking about adding the updated version Small World to this list. The graphic design of the new and improved civ races and powers is done up in pure Disneyland attraction style. Reassuring and nonthreatening cartooniness for kids of all ages. Let's get in line for the Flying Wizards ride! And then let's go see Underworld Ghouls!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
meenki boo
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You've lost a lot of weight I've noticed. looks good. Eat more Bulgo ki and chop che, fatten you up again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brenton t vallade
United States
wyandotte
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as for the tray, it is hard to pick up the race tokens if they fall over in the tray. my wife and i were keeping a toothpick in the tray to help with that. i have recently put all my race tokens in a plano and will soon see how that works out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
The Vimeo video is still locked as private. Would you please share it with your fans? I personally prefer Vimeo to YouTube.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BT Carpenter
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When explaining the giants in the original lineup - they only get the bonus if they're attacking a region next to a mountain which they occupy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
The Vimeo video is still locked as private. Would you please share it with your fans? I personally prefer Vimeo to YouTube.

Sorry about that! Don't know what happened. Should be fixed now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Carlson
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom, as always, brilliant review. I haven't commented on bgg in a LONG time, but Origins is coming up, so I need to start reading up on what I've missed, and this is one I had heard about that I wanted to check out.

In the beginning of the review, you say you aren't going to compare it to Vinci, which kind of sux, cause I love Vinci. But as the review went on, I find it hard to find ANY differences except for the map and theme. This seems like the same game. Which is fine, because I don't actually own Vinci. Besides those two things, what differs between the two? If you took the theme out of Small World, what would make me pick one over the other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vasel
United States
Homestead
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
Love Games, Love 'Em!!!
badge
Check out DiceTower.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sure others can answer better than I. The components are better - using tokens for each race, rather than colored tokens for a player.

The combinations are more under control here. Here you have a race and a characteristic. Never two races, etc. In Vinci, you could combine any two tiles. There's also a fixed amount of turns here, which is better than the "get to a certain amount of points" that Vinci had.

Basically, it's streamlined, and has a theme. Good enough for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Carlson
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Works for me. Since I don't own Vinci, this has made it on my purchase list. Again Tom, thnx for the review, and keep it up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peaceful Gamin'
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
You found our Geekbadge Overtext. Congratulations! :-)
badge
Gaming is fun. And this is a hypercube. The sun is shining
mbmbmbmbmb
vinci is gone!
*plays in the document shredder*
ROFL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.