Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex G

Philomath
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A has a casa.

It is B's turn. Can B move into the casa space, build a dam (to divert the river away from the casa) then continue moving? I assume the prohibition is simply that you can't end your turn with one of your guys on the same hex as an opposing casa. It is not "ending movement" to build a dam. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gibbs
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Assuming by casa you mean a farm -- the $500 building, not the more expensive one -- then I don't see why this couldn't be done. (Of course, if the casa is occupied, then you can't enter it.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it's addressed specifically in the short ruleset. We play that you can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex G

Philomath
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I looked around some more in the forums, and the designer apparently stated himself that, no, you can't, for almost thematic reasons: he doesn't think he'd let someone stay at his place long enough to build a dam, though he might let them walk through the yard.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BoB 3K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexd wrote:
Actually, I looked around some more in the forums, and the designer apparently stated himself that, no, you can't, for almost thematic reasons: he doesn't think he'd let someone stay at his place long enough to build a dam, though he might let them walk through the yard.

You mean like the thematics of when a man of equal strength comes charging onto your land, you run away in fear if he's running at you down from a mountain instead of up from a field?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex G

Philomath
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoB3K wrote:
alexd wrote:

You mean like the thematics of when a man of equal strength comes charging onto your land, you run away in fear if he's running at you down from a mountain instead of up from a field? :p

Precisely! I shudder to think of it, even now, those terrifying "higher-ground" figures that haunt my nightmares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gros Morne
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexd wrote:
BoB3K wrote:
alexd wrote:

You mean like the thematics of when a man of equal strength comes charging onto your land, you run away in fear if he's running at you down from a mountain instead of up from a field?

Precisely! I shudder to think of it, even now, those terrifying "higher-ground" figures that haunt my nightmares.

Unthematic! In the song One Tin Soldier, the valley people destroy the mountain people...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Schlimgen
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grosmorne wrote:
alexd wrote:
BoB3K wrote:
alexd wrote:

Unthematic! In the song One Tin Soldier, the valley people destroy the mountain people...

But maybe they're like the Jedi -- in which case the higher ground (even if only a couple of feet) is all-important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.