Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Ivie
United States
Spokane
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Growing up my mother, grandmother and I would play this game using three dice at a time. With three dice the gameplay is faster (obviously) and it's just a lot more fun.

It allows what we called the "six one six" move where if you roll those dice you can start a marble, move six into the center hole, then use the one to get out again (a "one six one" would work as well of course, but then you don't get to re-roll two sixes to get home with, just the one).

We had a house rule where you could add dice together to allow for a specific goal (like getting into your home or landing on an opponent's marble). Say you have two marbles on the table and you roll a three, a four and a five. An opponent is eight spaces away from one of your marbles. You could use the three and five dice to get your opponent and knock your opponent back to base, then use the four to move your second marble. Taking the total amount of the three dice and splitting it up any way you want was not allowed; you had to use the values on the dice only. And if you only had one marble you couldn't knock your opponent off in this scenario--you would sail right on by with a total movement of twelve.

It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized the standard game only comes with one die! How boring!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.