Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear, Mr. Malcolm “Brummbar” Green, the work that you put in the D- Day supplemental Campaign is greatly appreciated. I enjoy it very much, especially when is free, but sadly the Campaign ends too quickly for me, and I assume the same for other players of Memoir ‘44 too. So I would like to make a request to extend the D- Day supplemental Campaign. It would be a piece of cake to make with your GOD giving talents. Coming from you gives it a official seal of quality and approval. So here is my take on it, what do you think?
The U.S. The scenarios in order: WF-02 Sainte Mere- Eglise (Allies wins -1Reserves for the Axis) next WF-04 Point-du-Hoc (Axis wins go to WF-21A Utah)or(Allies wins go to WF-05 Omaha). Next WF-31A Carentan Causeway (Axis wins go to end)or(Allies win go to WF-32A Carentan)go to end. US Objective Track -3/-2/0/1/2/.
The U.K. The scenarios in order: WF-01 Pegasus Bridge (Allies wins -1Reserves for the Axis). Next WF-03 Sword (Axis wins go to WF-19A Juno)or(Allies win go to WF-20A Gold). Next WF- SftF #1527A Battle of the Bridgehead go to end. U.K. Objective Track -4/-2/-1/0/1/2/. If you grant my request I will happily donate some geek gold. Any other Memoir’44 fans that agrees with me please comment.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks John,

Glad you appreciate my efforts. I'm glad you enjoyed the campaign (and I assume, the campaign book?). Sorry it is so short...but then again, that was what it was specifically designed to be, a short introduction.

The absence of the Airborne scenarios was more for playing convenience. Bad enough having to move the terrain around between scenario set ups, I didn't want to have to make the players flip the board as well.

As you have already discovered, you can easily add on those scenarios (though, I would say if the Allies win them the Axis lose a Reserve going into the campaigns as opposed to the Axis gaining reserves for the win...but you are on the right track).

The extension into the Battle of the Bridgehead is also an excellent idea. Good call.

Now that I think of it, you have already written the extended version of the campaign. Well done!

I hope to bring you more M'44 campaigns in the future.

Cheers,
Malcolm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope to get to play Malcolm's D-Day campaign and if we think it is too short, perhaps we will add John's suggestions.

Isn't there a Omaha Beach Second Wave? (Don't recall and I don't have the scenario list right now.)
Wouldn't it be right to play this if the allied lost Omaha Beach First Wave?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stig Morten
Norway
Kvernaland
flag msg tools
Thunder Alley: Crew Chief Expansion - Coming soon to Kickstarter!
badge
Evil lurks here!
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played the Uk campaign and liked it a lot.
I think the shorter campaign is a great addition to the campaign book. It only needs one session and really links the whole session together, but now that the campaign has been lenghtened by John it might be used as a longer D-day campaign.

Malcolm, Great job!
John, Great job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Malcolm, any chance for a paper with these campaigns John made?

The US D-Day in order:
WF-02 Sainte Mere- Eglise (if Axis wins +1Reserves)
Next WF-04 Point-du-Hoc (if Axis wins go to WF-05 Omaha) or (if Allies wins go to WF-21A Utah).
Next WF-31A Carentan Causeway (if Axis wins go to end) or (if Allies win go to WF-32A Carentan)go to end.
US Objective Track -3/-2/0/1/2/.

The UK D-Day in order:
WF-01 Pegasus Bridge (if Axis wins +1Reserves).
Next WF-03 Sword (if Axis wins go to WF-19A Juno) or (if Allies win go to WF-20A Gold).
Next WF-SftF #1527A Battle of the Bridgehead go to end.
UK Objective Track -4/-2/-1/0/1/2/.

I really like the background you used for your own US D-day and UK D-Day and wouldn't know where to look for it, so I could make it myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pleased that you like my extension version of the D-Day campaign. After playing the campaign a couple of times I made some changes. So check it out! I used the Memoir 44 scenario editor on the D.O.W. Web site to make the extended D-Day campaign. I used the beach board format for that of course. If Mr. Malcolm"Brummbar"Green doesn't grant your request you can always make it on the scenario editor if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried Malcolm's US D-Day campaign yesterday: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/3492841
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you tell me where to look for it?
Is it under scenes from the front?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just posted it on the DOW site enjoy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I found it - http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/memoire_pdf/?id=5879

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you found it! The lines are messed up it looks fine on my edit scenario and print view. I reposted it, but with the same result so it looks better from my view. I don't know what the problem is sorry can you understand it at all?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It did take a a couple of seconds before I realize it wasn't a battle field!
I would have prefered it like the way Malcolm did it, but I guess I have to work on it my self.

So yes, I get the idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slotracer wrote:
It did take a a couple of seconds before I realize it wasn't a battle field!
I would have prefered it like the way Malcolm did it, but I guess I have to work on it my self.

So yes, I get the idea!
I would have prefered it like the way Malcolm did it too,cry that is why I made the simple request to Malcolm and hopefully in time he will grant are wishes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/memoire_pdf/?id=5879 is no longer there, it appears.

Was it removed, or have I missed it somehow?

UPDATE: Must have been updated! For anyone seeking this, the scenario is called "The D-Day Campaign (extended version) - June 06, 1944 - June 13, 1944
" and is linked at http://www.daysofwonder.com/memoir44/en/memoire_pdf/?id=5883

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.