Moggill
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
badge
Only a dragon to see here. Move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got this game a week ago and when I opened the box, boy was I disappointed by the polystyrene support blocks. Given that the going price for the expansion in Australia is of the order of A$90 (roughly US$70 or Euro 50), this felt more than a bit like a rip-off. Before anyone asks, this insane level of mark up is typical here and postage brings international orders up to a similar level.

The blocks should have been wooden, everything else in PitchCar is very well made and seemingly little expense or effort has been spared. Polystyrene? Bah!

I decided that I needed to make wooden blocks. A quick trip to one of the nearby hardware stores resulted in me walking out with a length of pine 90mm x 90mm x 1800mm for A$28. Once home, some quick cutting and thicknessing in the garage and I've got some solid pine blocks that are a fitting addition to the expansion. I used a bit less than a third of the timber to make one set, so for about 10% of the expansion's retail price, I've fixed the problem and I'm paying full retail price for the timber -- wholesale would be a lot cheaper.

A photograph of the result:

Despite the appearance in the photograph, the blocks are the same size (to within about a tenth of a millimeter or two).

- Pauli

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.