Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Lunch Money

Objective: (What you must do to win)
Battle royale, with the winner being the last man standing in a brutal school yard brawl. You start the game with 15 health like all the other players. You want to crush, maim, destroy, and render your opponents hapless.

It has violence, it has nursery rhymes, it has children shivving their school mates with broken pipes. It's so nostalgic.

Complexity: (How many rules to get your head around)
While the premise of the game is not particularly complicated, the large variety of cards creates a lot of little rules that need to be either remembered or put on a crib sheet (which I made for my games).

Aesthetics: (How shiny I think it is)
The card is rich in artwork and one of its major features. There is a wonderful haunting eerie decor that overshadows the game and the macabre text found on the cards really helps evoke the atmosphere of childhood brutality that we've all come to know and love.

Strategy: (How deep the strategy in the game seems to be)
Defense cards are everything in this game. If you can't protect your health you can pretty much guarantee a stacks on effect. A good part of the game can be a cold-war style arms race as players continually discard cards to ensure they have enough defense to deal with your armaments.

The other element of the strategy is social. If you can manipulate or persuade the others that someone else is a bigger target than you, it's half the game.

Highlights: (What impressed me about the game the most)
The Humiliation is the mother of all smack downs. It creates a face heel turn that can turn the tables.

Sticking Points: (What I think could be improved about the game)
It can actually be a bit of a daunting game to try and teach players who haven't ever played it before. It has actually been a bit of an impediment to getting new players involved.

Duet: (is it good for two players?)
While it is technically playable with two players, the game seems to be a lot more fun when there are a range of targets to choose from.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.