Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally D-day came along!
Per (a pleasure to play with as he is a military man who knows the history behind the scenarios) played the Allied and I played the German.
We choosed the US D-Day (Pont-du-Hoc, Omaha and Utah).
(We only played with the standard rules - no Air Pack or reserves.)

Pont-du-Hoc:
The Allied infantry barely came upon the cliffs before being cut down or thrown back to the see. The Allied didn't reach any objectives. 1-4

Omaha (First wave):
Once again the Allied tried hard to come up off the beach but was stopped by a massive German defensive. The Allied suffered while having no card for the flanks. The Allied nearly won an objective medal but was just one move away. 3-6

Utah:
This scenario was new to both of us. The Allied concentrated it firepower on its right flank with no response from the Germans. I had only left flank cards! The German right flank was wiped out. The Allied tanks ran up the middle and the one unit that didn't get blown up, made to the exit marker and into the land. Nearly followed by an infantry unit too, but the Germans secured the victory with a last kill. 4-5

Totalt: 8-15

I would say it was a major German victory.
The first two scenarios was perhaps too hard for the Allied to win or even get close to the objective medals - at least this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Green
Canada
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds like the Allies didn't have much luck. Pont-du-Hoc's outcome is generally in favour of the Allies...a loss there would be hard to recover from.

Glad you enjoyed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.