Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Cross
United States
Stoughton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the reviews here mentioned the vastly over-sized tin this game comes in and how it probably increases the cost of the game quite a bit. I'm unhappy with that too... but what really bothers me with my copy is the insert.

I'm pretty anal about my games and I don't like to throw out inserts but with this one A) I can't understand if Gamewright intended for you to keep the insert or not and B) In my copy the cards came stuck to the insert with double sided tape that did not come off cleanly.

On point A: I'm guessing they DO intend for you to use the insert since the well for the card deck is deep enough to accomodate all of the puzzle cards and the transparent cards in one stack. The other two wells seem to be only for display.

On point B: In my case I cannot use the insert to store the cards unless I cover the tape residue or find some way to remove it.

I know this probably sounds ridiculous to all you folks who throw out ridiculous packaging but for the anal-retentive collectors among us... well it just makes me unhappy.

Maybe Gamewright will make this in a simple cardboard box like their other card games in the future. The over-sized thick box with the cover that the other Gamewright card games come in would be fine and would probably knock 3 bucks off the price.

The game is pretty neat though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
United States
Azusa
California
flag msg tools
One of Alabama 3's finest songs, especially the versions on the single this image is from...
badge
Sweet Pretty M*th*rf*ck*ng Country Acid House Music - All night long!
It's unfortunate your insert has sticky gunk left on it; the card packs in my set were stuck to each other, not the insert. Something like Goo Gone will take care of the gunk.

The insert can be used to (sort of) securely store everything...the cards go in the deep well, and get locked down by the protruding lips. Three sets of the transparent cards go in the opposite well, also locked down. Finally, the last set of transparent cards goes in the middle well, locked down by it's own set of protrusions. The last set keeps everything else in place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...game pleasure in wood
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamewright has indeed released a repackaged version, without a tin, under their new "Brainwright" brand. This version is listed as including 60 puzzles now, presumably to market On the Dot as a solo puzzle as well as a game. I don't know if the packaging has been shrunk to a more reasonable size, but hopefully it has.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.