Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Die, human scum!
badge
Resistance is useless!
mb
thepackrat wrote:
Zelif wrote:

*I* am a customer that has been lost to even the rudimentary interest in Winsome's product due to Bohrer's repetitive attitude in speaking civilly. Its his right, certainly, but I'm not interested enough in ANY BOARDGAME to A) watch it happen to others, when I see it, nor B) endure it to any degree myself. They are after all just baordgames, and there are a lot of good companies out there that make them. I'll just skip the rest of Winsome's brand of "customer service", and move on to companies that run like people who give a crap about other people run them.

So why do you continue to post to these threads about games/expansions you have lost even the most rudimentary interest in?

The more curious question is, why, in any thread having to do with Winsome, Bohrer, or Martin Wallace, do you show up like a bad penny?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Flood
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zelif wrote:
I read it, and truly, you have to admit, don't you, that if that was said at a counter in a "Winsome" store that the person asking for help with the mispurchase would feel insulted, wouldn't you? I don't hate Bohrer, or much care for that matter. What I've seen in this thread, among others, but lets just stick with HERE, is a complete lack of grace and care about a customer. Parse "customer" however you want, but I still need my own customers. I'd really like to have them think of me as resource. They're not "potential" customers or "past" customers or "customers I don't need".

Most likely I would have talked with the proprietor about what a dick that customer was, and how I sympathize with their situation, should the exact same words have passed through their respective mouths. The first comment, indeed from Mr. Bohrer, would sound even more normal - explaining patiently that, no, you cannot stick a microwave in an oven and expect good results.

Quote:
*I* am a customer that has been lost to even the rudimentary interest in Winsome's product due to Bohrer's repetitive attitude in speaking civilly. Its his right, certainly, but I'm not interested enough in ANY BOARDGAME to A) watch it happen to others, when I see it, nor B) endure it to any degree myself. They are after all just baordgames, and there are a lot of good companies out there that make them. I'll just skip the rest of Winsome's brand of "customer service", and move on to companies that run like people who give a crap about other people run them.

*I* am a customer that has found Mr. Bohrer's customer service to by-far outclass any other company, when you are an honest, respectful customer. I'm generally not one for collecting games, but at this point I have personally resolved to get as many Winsomes as I can, when they are available. I have had nothing but excellent personal experiences, and the games are simply the best out there - they are the one company that seems to actually be developing new mechanics that are simply fantastic.

I don't honestly care how the company I wish to support treats its deriders. If you want to lambaste the company with nonsense, it's only fair they should be able to respond in kind, particularly over a silly internet forum. If they do right by their customers (and Winsome does very right by them), and provide quality products consistently, I do not see a problem.

I had some trepidations when I first sent out for Wabash one year ago, largely due to internet spoilers like yourself. A few years ago, not knowing any facts, I even thought Winsome was "clearly" in the wrong regarding any and all AoS controversy - how could anyone do this to the "designer?" Ever since I've actually learned more and more facts, my opinion has changed dramatically.

With Mr. Drover's revelation (albeit still a claim, but one that fits with *all* the facts) about Mr. Wallace's threats to defame FRED (somewhat successfully) yesterday, I am having all but a single foot in doorway of the ever-increasing room of MW-deriders. If it comes to light that the contract was, in fact, falsified, I will flee from said room; should it come to further light that this was a horrible claim by MW, then I will be firmly in that room, wearing the traditional hat.

Hm, that went in a weird direction. Read of it what you will, and sorry for the rambling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
blueatheart wrote:
andrews777 wrote:

How is that insulting the components? Do you have a good color laser printer? I finally bought a Lexmark for under $350 and it can produce output very close to this. That is not saying the components are bad, but that the method of achieving the same is much more affordable.

Technology is advancing and changing many things. Why would the small print run game be different?

I imagine Mr. Bohrer has a similar printer (or, in the < $1000 range).

Not really, we just send off the graphics files in .pdf format to a professional printer in Wisconsin and they print them off on their machine. They tell me the machine cost over $100,000.00, if that matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Andrews
United States
Garland
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
John Bohrer wrote:
They tell me the machine cost over $100,000.00, if that matters.

Not really. Printer technology is getting cheaper all the time. I haven't gone to the dot level, but my Lexmark (double-sided color) produces things that definitely would have required a print shop 5 to 10 years ago.

The computer in a watch rivals older computers, so why expect something different from printers. That is why they face such a challenge surviving today.

The price would only potentially be relevant if it was made in the last year or two. Otherwise it is likely getting outpaced. Not his fault or anyone's for that matter, just the reality of computer systems, including printers.

I am not arguing that the print job isn't good, just that the quality of "personal" printers is starting to reach it. That makes it tough on those who make their money in printing, like the printer in this case. I would be surprised if he didn't confirm that.

Brad

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.