Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Peters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
It's time to go Full Chort.
badge
‎"NO FATE BUT THE NARRATIVES WE IMPOSE ON LIFE'S RANDOM CHAOS TO DISTRACT OURSELVES FROM OUR EXISTENTIAL PLIGHT"
mbmbmbmbmb
Am I confused or is all it takes for her to pass this going shopping at the Curiositie Shoppe once?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many others have the "draw" terms as well. Amanda Sharpe is another example, her's requires drawing of 3 UIs, meaning, with her starting $1, she can legally go to C. Shoppe, draw 3 and Pass, even though she can't possibly buy any of the items. Many (well, I for one, won't speak for any others by name) people interpret "draw" as "draw and keep", meaning for Patty, you have to buy 2 UIs at C. Shoppe (or get from encounters). Marie Lambeau's Pass is drawing 2 Spells. Well, she draws 2 during setup as her random possessions. For me, passing her PS means spending $10 and 2 turns at Ye Olde Magic Shoppe or 1 turn $5 and a Tome that gives you a Spell, some combo of the sorts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
@KevinWilson42 on Twitter
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Starting items never count towards personal stories unless they are of the type "have X items of a certain kind at once". And items must be drawn and kept before they count.

-Kevin Wilson
Fantasy Flight Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Peters
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
It's time to go Full Chort.
badge
‎"NO FATE BUT THE NARRATIVES WE IMPOSE ON LIFE'S RANDOM CHAOS TO DISTRACT OURSELVES FROM OUR EXISTENTIAL PLIGHT"
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinW wrote:
And items must be drawn and kept before they count.
Thanks! This makes sense and is pretty much how I figured it might work, but the cards definitely don't make it clear. I also originally wondered if shopping was allowed at all to pass these, but it sounded a little *too* rough to force the player to only gain the items through encounters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony M
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My group had similar questions regarding the personal stories.

Thanks for taking the time to stop in and make an official clarification on this. thumbsup

On a side note, I played Patrice over the weekend and had a couple thoughts.

Her abilities are absolutely amazing. By 9 on the doom track you are getting her +3 starting clues, +9 for gate openings, +5 for personal story, +5 for doom track hitting 9. Thats 22 clues IN ADDITION to any she picks up on the board. Absolutely fantastic.

HOWEVER:

I found playing her a bit boring. Since all of your clues are tied to the character, you really cant afford for her to get knocked out/driven insane/devoured. So I found myself playing pretty much true to her backstory. My opening turns were spent getting a bank loan and shopping at the curiositie shop to fulfill her personal story. Which is totally in line with her "story so far", but shopping doesnt make for a fun adventure. I spent the rest of the game harvesting clues in arkham while the other characters fought monsters and sealed gates.

Bottom line, my impressions is she is an amazingly powerful support character, but I probably wont choose her again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmarozas wrote:
Her abilities are absolutely amazing. By 9 on the doom track you are getting her +3 starting clues, +9 for gate openings, +5 for personal story, +5 for doom track hitting 9. Thats 22 clues IN ADDITION to any she picks up on the board. Absolutely fantastic.

If that was the extent of her abilities, she would still be very good, but on top of that anybody can also spend her clues shake .

Quote:
Bottom line, my impressions is she is an amazingly powerful support character, but I probably wont choose her again.

Random investigators cool ! That way you'll see her every now then. Also, if she's paired with, in my case 3 losers (I use random 4 investigators solo, or 2+2 with a friend), say Vincent, Amanda and Dexter, all those clues might be for naught if people can't make it through the OWs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.