$10.00
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi geeks,

I'm a big fan of the splotter games Indonesia, Antiquity, Roads&Boats (played Duck Dealer only once so far but it fits my preferences too).

In general I really like heavy economic games (like Indonesia, Power Grid, Age of Steam).

So I would like to know if this game is comparable (in terms of heaviness, fun, tension) to the games listed above. I mean, is it comparable to the other splotter games (cause they are something special) and/or to other games...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Dubin
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
d0gb0t wrote:
In general I really like heavy economic games (like Indonesia, Power Grid, Age of Steam).

VOC! is a very enjoyable game, but not a "heavy economic game" in the sense that I understand you to be using that description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Standerline
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VOC is not a heavy game at all. A large part of it is drawing on a map with your eyes shut whilst others shout out the route to take for your ship without sinking. It is fun though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Pennington
United States
Springfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
If your orange juice doesn't burn on the way down, then you need more vodka!
mbmbmbmbmb
VOC! looks like a very serious game, but it really is quite silly and fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler McLaughlin
Canada
Medicine Hat
Alberta
flag msg tools
Talk
badge
Words
mbmbmbmbmb
No, no it is not comparable. It is very silly.

It is comparable to their games like Oraklos, Gossip, Beest and D'r af however.

Ler
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.