Popular Tags: gameroom [+] [View All]
Nevin Ball
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
War Room, Man Room, Man Cave, Game Room. Whatever you want to call it, I now have one and I'm pretty stoked about it. After juggling some bedrooms around, I conviced my wife to convert the guestroom into what you see here. I bought a sofa bed at IKEA yesterday so guests still have a place to stay when they visit. All that is left to do is install blinds.

My wife likes the room, but she sometimes commits sacrilege by throwing her bra in the "Man Cave" - as she calls it.

This is what it looks like when you walk into the room:

Below, I have MEDWAR Sicily set up for the first face-to-face game in the war room.

Now I have B-29 Superfortress set up. The room has the space to move the table from the wall for multi-player games. My wife also gave me the green light to buy another white chair for the room.

Opposite from the gaming table is a display case that houses some of my WWII militaria collection.

The drawers are full of miniatures and assorted game paraphernalia. A Kursk battle scene is above the chest and above that is an autographed photo of Jonnie Johnson, the RAF/RCAF's top ace.

One of the large white boxes contain my zip-lock games. On the top of the shelf is my favorite childhood toy - the Ready Ranger pack. It is a portable command center with navigation equipment, a bull horn, periscope, flashlight, and all kinds of other cool gadgets.

Here is a close-up of a uniform from the Guards Armoured Division. The display also has a backpack, poncho, entrenching tool, and a tin tea mug on the reverse side. The top framed print has autographed photos of Luftwaffe aces Erich Hartmann (history's top ace) and Walter Krupinski.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Pytel
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet setup, thanks for sharing! That looks like a comfy chair to park your butt in while gaming, and I love the militaria on display. We just took over our basement (which was being rented previously), and I'm similarly excited, though it's a lot less posh than your room. But any alternative to either the dining room table or the dim, low-ceilinged storage room is pretty excellent in my books.

Nevin wrote:
My wife likes the room, but she sometimes commits sacrilege by throwing her bra in the "Man Cave" - as she calls it.

Hilarious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hilarious!

She thinks so!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Batten
Canada
St. John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
Death and the dice level all distinctions.
badge
And so it goes...
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Miller
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This is a great setup, easily on of the best I've seen. Love your WWII gear, great collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HMS Iron Duke
United States
Bartlett
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the long narrow picture just above the game table?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Madsen
Sweden
Bandhagen
n/a
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice setup, I'm quite envious!

(As to girls throwing their bra in the "man cave", I suppose many men would think of that as a good thing. Not that it contributes to making the right tactic move during an intense game of ASL, though?)

/kgm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Wehrenberg
United States
Unspecified
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
THAT is awesome!! I am very envious - I can't imagine having anything that cool. Good on ya my man! Game on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Averett
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
uh...whose turn is it?
badge
I spent 100gg for this?!?!
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice! I also had the Ready Ranger kit, I wanted the inflatable tent that was sold seperately that had the opening for the periscope in the top, but I never got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mike Sisson wrote:
What is the long narrow picture just above the game table?

It's my great-uncle's unit photo. It is an AA training battalion taken on July 4, 1942. My dad had the photo framed and gave it to me as a Christmas present. My great-uncle lived an interesting life. He moved a small town in Idaho to Hollywood as part of a work program during the Great Depression. We was a waiter at a posh restaurant and met many movie stars. After the war he went back to Hollywood and opened up his own restaurant near a movie studio. Marylin Monroe and many others used to hang out at his joint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
Your wife has got it backwards. She's supposed to take off her bra and then walk herself into the room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
greenpawn wrote:
Very nice! I also had the Ready Ranger kit, I wanted the inflatable tent that was sold seperately that had the opening for the periscope in the top, but I never got it.

That's funny! I wanted the inflatable tent as well but didn't get it. My best friend also got a Ready Ranger - man, we had fun with them. I found an unused one on eBay and snagged it for $50 about five years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nevin Ball
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
That tickles!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:
Your wife has got it backwards. She's supposed to take off her bra and then walk herself into the room.

Maybe that will happen now that I got the sofa.laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merv D
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sweet setup, Nevin.

You're hosting the next session.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Nevin, great room.

Btw: I found the errors you put into the room - pictures:

a) Not all the games are wargames
b) The table is much to small.

What do I get for finding out?

Btw 2: Next time your wife throws something in YOUR room, tell her you can do the same with long-white-rip-mens-underwear or for the final solution just tell her you would walk into the living-room when her friends are there - just as in so many men-stereotypes: dressed in gulp a bit dirty yellow underwear after mowing the lawn gulp burping and asking when a game starts...

(but make sure she is not stronger of faster than your are - otherwise ask a friend to wait with a car in the front - yard and don't forget to ask him in advance if it is ok for him if you stay for a few weeks - then shill out big bucks for flowers...)

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wolfgang Kunz
Germany
Netphen
flag msg tools
I'm German. That's what we do...
mbmbmbmbmb
First Commandment: Thou shall not enter his room...

Second Commandment: ... never shall thy clean the room (especially not the bits of cardboard that were all over the table...).

Third Commandment: No kids or pets shall enter too nor in-laws or those not appreciating the beauty and tranquility of such a place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
You could get her friends to toss theirs in and play a variant of Busen Memo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan N. "Spartan Spawn, Sworn, Raised for Warring!"
United States
Summerville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
badge
"By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."
mbmbmbmbmb
Great room Nevin! Nice to see a fellow collector as well! I used to collect WWII Luftwaffe items!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bluerock
United States
Mufreesboro
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Nice. Thanks for sharing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall
United States
Charles Town
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That room is pure class. VERY nicely done. Not too over the top, very nice touches. Bravo! I'm green with envy goo

http://messygameroom.libsyn.com/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Goudeau
United States
Moody
Alabama
flag msg tools
laissez les bon temps rouler
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - now I have room envy!

Very nice setup, like the mix of game collection and your other collection being displayed.

The photo of you great uncle's unit is great addition and gives you something to talk about. Photos and items like that are priceless.

Thanks for the photos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Boone
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Con Man wrote:
Sweet setup, Nevin.

You're hosting the next session.

I second that. Nice room Nevin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Erb
United States
Parkersburg
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, I want to come to your house and sleep on your couch.

Is that wrong?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
>Is that wrong?

Depends. What do you intend to do with the bras?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.