Atlanteon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Who wins on A Tie? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I taught my friend this one last night and the first 3 I easily won, the next was close, but I think the guy who goes first is at a disadvantage since it is more of a counter game ( meaning it is better to play against his tile then to lay the first and have him be able to counter it? ). I went out of my way to really explain the strategy that I understand so far to him and every game he went first I won. Then I let him go first the last 2 games and when he places his last tile we both where out of markers, so I think he won since it was his turn, but I am not sure, the one I would have had 12 markers placed if I had extra of them ( you only get 11 and once they are placed you win ). But I am amazed there is no mention of ties and who wins when you both place your last markers at the same time.

The 1st game he won the king was the last tile he played, so he played it and we both put our last markers on the board, I said I might win since it says at the end of your turn with the king on the tile, but I ha ve no clue, makes me not wan tto play this one since it will end up in ties most of the time, or from how I perceive it?

Anyone have a clue on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Shoda
Japan
Zushi
Kanagawa
flag msg tools
mb
It is impossible for both players to put 11 markers. There are only 20 tiles that a player can put a marker. So one of the player cannot put 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amit Arnon
Israel
Tel-Aviv
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why? You have 25 tiles (5x5), only 2 of them can't have a marker on (the white towers).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Link
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules specifically state that if, at the end of YOUR turn, you have placed all your markers, you win. So, if all markers get placed, the person who's turn it is wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.