Subject: how different are they ???? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
how different is third ed to fourth , and fourth to fifth ?

how differnt are the points values ?

the reason i am wondering is i was thinking about doing some custom vehicles made useing the custom vehicle construction rules from the chapter approved , and i am guessing the chapter approved book is third ed .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patching
United Kingdom
Newport
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Without going into specifics, the differences between 3rd and 4th edition were fairly minor, but the differences between 4th and 5th are quite significant. I'm not sure what edition the chapter approved book was from though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Terhune
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
This overtext is a blatant example of frivolous spending.
badge
I spent 100 geek gold and all I got was this lousy overtext.
mbmbmbmbmb
The vehicle design rules from the Chapter Approved collection should still work just fine for fourth or fifth edition games. Vehicle stats (and for the most part, point values) have not changed significantly since third edition was released.

You won't be able to use any vehicles you create in tournaments or anything, but if you're just looking to figure out how to cost it for friendly games at home, it should work out just fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K G
United States
albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
I wasn't born ! I sprang from the forhead of God , as he contemplated a particularly vile joke !
badge
I wasn't born , I was hatched in the deepest darkest part of the ocean , and raised by sharks !
mbmbmbmbmb
cool , thnx guys . i am mostly looking at how to make knights or other such big vehicles/walkers for my friends friendly appocalypse games . i dnt actually play any more . i got out when third came out and GMW made a huge swath of my armies ( 60THOUSAND PLUS point chaos army , 20THOUSAND POINTS PLUS orks , 10 THOUSAND plus impy guard ) obsolete or unusable AGAIN , and they were all custom built . i had 2 jobs at the time and would spend $150 or more just to get all the bits to build one dreadnaught . i had ALL the resin kits to from epicast and armor cast and i think forge world was out even then . i was one of the top 5 customers at my FLGS .

i still like makeing the models from time to time , i usually trade or sell them off on ebay .

one of my friends just got into the game to play chaos , so i am looking at what can be built for his army , and i have a free hand , his only instructions are about what armament the figs get . every thing else is up to me . he wants it old school chaos

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.