Popular Tags: BGG_BSG_PBF [+] [View All]
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's get it started.

Pegasus has been in my house for a week. I spent the weekend getting the files ready. Still double checking a few things and getting comfortable with the rules so we can ease into this one.

The Rules
This game is by invite only. The waiting list is here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/BSG_PBF. If you want to play a Pegasus version, make sure you mark your name with a (P).

You have to own a copy of the game and the expansion. FFG rules, not mine. We'll only be posting card titles, not text.

This will follow the well established rules of the previous 24 games. If you need to refresh your memory, please visit an earlier game or ask me in GeekMail.

I have warmed to the idea of posting either Pics in the message or your Character in Bold when posting in game info. As always, please BOLD final orders and leave Conditional Orders as necesary - especially if you will be away for a while. (On a personal note, I am still busy at work and have a baby due in 2 months - so I will slow down a bit but still will try to check in twice a day at least). Pictures can be found here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/42419

Pegasus
This will be a"full" Pegasus experience. I am inviting 7 players so a Cylon Leader will be included in the mix guaranteed. That means if no one selects a Cylon by Player 7's turn - they are a Cylon.

Destination will be New Caprica.

Player Status
1.DaveD (accepted)
18.Capt_WaRPed (accepted)
23.Mundane (accepted)
40.baldrick (accepted)
--.GerryRailBaron (replacement)
56.XenoMaster (accepted)
60.Tinculin (accepted)

Once we have a full compliment of 7, we will randomize turn order and begin character selection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Reporting for duty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While we wait for responses, this is the sample "final" version of the Pegasus board we will use to track the games progress.

New Caprica will become visible and the other Ships "grayed" out when we enter that phase.

I probably won't do any major overhauls unless something major is missing or not functional. But I will entertain minor corrections
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
You should probably remove "X-3 Stiletto"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Anderson
United States
Smyrna
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
You have to won a copy of the game and the expansion.

What about people who were not so lucky, and actually had to buy their copies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
You should probably remove "X-3 Stiletto"

Yes, it was just a sample. Our title is on there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DCAnderson wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Unlucky in love, unlucky in life. Better luck next time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well? Am I?
badge
Don't Blink.
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
DCAnderson wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Unlucky in love, unlucky in life. Better luck next time.

I was lucky in love and life, but I still had to buy my copy too. Does that mean I can play, but must be unlucky? Or does it mean that I can be lucky when lives or love are on the line while I play? Perhaps I love to be lively?

Lucky for all of you (or not, as the case may be), you're about to find out. Reporting as ordered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Murdock
United States
Euless
Texas
flag msg tools
Reporting as ordered and ready to destroy Galactica, wipe out it's fleet, and beat the other players with a board spiked with rusty nails.

Wait, I mean I'm human and loyal to the fleet. REALLY!!! I AM!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just joined the waiting list for Pegasus. Even though I'm still playing in #15, I'm hoping to get in on this soon.

Mind sending me the photoshop files? I'm looking forward to moderating a game once 14 comes to a close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clementson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baldrick reporting for duty.

Oh wow - I'm sooo excited to see how this goes. Good luck everybody

Mundane - It's a pleasure to be on the crew with you, instead of your moderator
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerry Smit
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mundane wrote:
remove "X-3 Stiletto"

Cylon! Stiletto fights on! Strike Deep!

Gerry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I'm in, it will be interesting to see how this goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
Just joined the waiting list for Pegasus. Even though I'm still playing in #15, I'm hoping to get in on this soon.

Mind sending me the photoshop files? I'm looking forward to moderating a game once 14 comes to a close.

Sure, no problem. Since you are waiting on starting one, would you mind waiting just a bit for the files. In case we need to update anything as we get started here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Reporting for duty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I didn't make it clear as I glossed over the rules above, please subscribe to this thread.

We'll wait until tonite on the 7th player to check in. He is another nugget who apparently signed up on BGG just to play these games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well? Am I?
badge
Don't Blink.
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
We'll wait until tonite on the 7th player to check in. He is another nugget who apparently signed up on BGG just to play these games.

Can you blame him? Who wouldn't want to play with this prestigious group? He must have had a vision and timed his entry specifically to join us.

CYLON!!!

or

Chamalla/Stim Junkie!!!

or possibly

Crazy Genius!!!

or outside chance of

Recently Deceased and/or About To Be Deceased Sane Person Who Acts Crazy In Various Ways Depending On State Of Personal Relationships!!!

Hmm...does everyone on this show have visions of some kind?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Murdock
United States
Euless
Texas
flag msg tools
Ooops, I timed my entry thinking everyone here would be easy to beat....was I wrong???? surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While we wait for the 7th player, I randomized turn order. Destiny favored us by leaving the blank spot at the end. If we get to either the 48 hour mark (in about 25 hours) or get to the 7th slot and Colin hasn't checked in, we'll move to the next player on the list.

Start of…
Round 0.0 - SETUP

Turn Order:
1. baldrick
2. DaveD
3. Capt_WaRPed
4. XenoMaster
5. Mundane
6. Tinculin
7. GerryRailBaron

A Word on Character Selection
This is the official 7-player variant so there will be a Cylon Leader selected. If no one chooses it by the 7th slot, the 7th player must take a Cylon Leader.

The loyalty deck will be made up of 2 Cylon and 10 Human cards. There is no Sympathizer, but the Cylon Leader will be drawing from the Hostile Agenda deck. So most likely, we are looking at a 3-4 team game.

We will be using the standard rulebook selection process where first player has first choice and everyone must select a character from one of the piles with the least amount of characters, or take a support character, or take a Cylon Leader if one has not been selected. You may submit conditionl orders (COs) based on this criteria.

So, baldrick is up first. You may select from the following groups:

Political Leader,
Military Leader,
Pilot,
Support,
or
Cylon Leader
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Murdock
United States
Euless
Texas
flag msg tools
I suddenly can't help worrying that we will have an Admiral Baldrick.

Everyone else: "How went the battle?"

Baldrick: "Great news....

Everyone else: "Excellent."

Baldrick: "....for the Cylons. I got a bit confused and dropped a nuke on our lot."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Clementson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow - how can I not take this opportunity.

I choose Caprica Six

I've been dying to try out the Cylon leaders since I got Pegasus but I've never got a chance till now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
H-B-G
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On behalf of the officers and crew of the Pegasus...it's a pleasure to see all of you. Welcome back to the Colonial Fleet.

That's the pleasantries out of the way, but as long as we all agree that I'm in charge we'll get along fine. Anyone with a problem with that please hand me your weapon on your way out.

I choose Helena Cain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Capt_WaRPed, you may select from the following groups:

Political Leader,
Pilot,
or [b]
Support
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those that have selected characters, you may CO your starting draw of 3 cards (except our first player who gets no cards). Alternately, you may wait until everyone is selected before making the decision. I am in no rush to hurry through the set-up so we won't necessarily be saving any time with CO's at this point.

Dave, I will need to know your starting location: either Pegasus CIC or Command. You may POST that now.

I will be in meetings most of the morning so please feel free to work your way through the turn order on your own. I'll update this evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Well? Am I?
badge
Don't Blink.
mbmbmbmbmb

With the crew so concentrated with the lovely ladies so far, I feel that I, Gaius Baltar, must offer my services in the ultimate goal of saving and repopulating the human species.

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You know that she is not me, Gaius? You and I are far more than that.

*turns around*

Who?...Er, I mean Gaius Baltar is who I am. Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [41] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.