Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Duncan
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the BGG Pit description, at least one edition of Pit plays up to 10 players.

Which edition is this?

I may soon be running a games session at an after-school program, for 10 kids (ages 9 - 11), and I am considering Pit.

A couple of follow-up questions:

What is different about the 10 player edition? I assume: that is has cards in 10 "suits" (i.e. 10 distinct commodities).

Can you stretch the usual 8-player edition and play it with 10, in your opinion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Gallagher
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Parker Brothers published a 10 player Pit deck back in the 1980s or early 1990s. It had 10 suits (ranging in value from 40 to 100). I'm assuming that the deck was whittled down as a cost-saving move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't know which one has 10 players; both Deluxe Pit and Pit sold by Winning Moves have up to 8 players. For many years I think it was only for seven (7) players. My edition (before Winning Moves took it) says it includes all original seven (7) commodities, plus an extra 8th for 8 players (Rice).

I think it could be expanded to ten if you added two other commodities, but in order to play right you have to make the card backs look the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.