Subject: Personal Stories -- Sixteen Ties rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just for general information, in case anyone is interested.

Wendy: Pass: Three Elder Signs.
Fail: She does not have an Elder Sign.

Joe: Pass: Upkeep: Silver Twilight Lodge: Discard five toughness of monster trophies and one Unique Item.
Fail: Discard one Unique Item.

Agnes: Pass: Three Monster trophies.
Fail: Unconscious. (It's possible that the third monster will be overwhelming and she has but one stamina),

Mark: Pass: Gate trophy to Ryleh.
Fail: Insane. (Use Elder sign to seal R'yleh with but one sanity remaining).

Patrice Pass: Draw two Unique items.
Fail: Unconscious/insane (This is only possible if there is
an encounter that garners her a Unique Item at the expense of her last stamina or sanity, so she may not qualify for this list).

Monterey: Pass: Three monster trophies
Fail: Five clue tokens. (If third monster trophy is a warlock and he's got three clues already).

Bob: Pass: Five clues
Fail: Three monster trophies. (See Monterey Jack).

Tony: Pass: Four monster trophies
Fail: Five clues. (See Monterey and Bob, one extra trophy).

Rex: Pass: Spend ten clues in the Newspaper.
Fail: No clues in his possession.

Skids: Pass: Gain five clues total.
Fail: Fewer than three clues on the board. (There are three and he takes one).

Minh: Pass: Read three tomes.
Fail: Insane. (Read a tome which cost sanity and she's got but one remaining).

Daisy: Pass: Six clues.
Fail: No tomes. (Reads King in Yellow or Old Journal with no other tomes in her possession).

Harvey: Pass: One clue, one Unique item, one gate trophy, one monster trophy.
Fail: Lost in Time and Space. (Possible for him to have all but gate and have Other World encounter that causes him to be Lost in Time and Space but close the gate he entered through).

Norman: Pass: Three gate trophies.
Fail: Lost in Time and Space. (See Harvey).

Rita: Pass: Three monster trophies, including one cultist.
Fail: Unconscious/insane. (Third monster trophy is overwhelming and she has but one stamina).

I almost added Luke, but if he closes for his third gate trophy, that function occurs before spending the clues to seal.

Joe's pass/fail condition, in which he discards a Unique Item regardless, causes me to call all ties in favor of the investigator.

YMMV

edit: original formatting was impossible to read.

Second edit: Not the way I formatted it, but readable.

Brian

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for this! I was going to do this some day, but you saved me some trouble.

apatheticexecutioner wrote:

I almost added Luke, but if he closes for his third gate trophy, that function occurs before spending the clues to seal.

But don't you choose to close or seal before rolling the dice. I mean that they are both separate, atomic actions that share the die rolling aspect. I could be wrong, but that's how I've been playing (Not that it had mattered in my games, but anyhow).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You roll for the close first. If successful, then you seal. The only decision made before the dice are rolled is if you want to spend an Elder Sign and do it automatically.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the asiest way for FFG to make this clean is to state something to the effect that if both conditions are met simultaneously during the same action/turn, then it fails (or passes - though I lean towards fail). otherwise, they need clarification on each investigator.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joe: Pass: Upkeep: Silver Twilight Lodge: Discard five toughness of monster trophies and one Unique Item.
Fail: Discard one Unique Item.

Joe's Pass uses the word spend, so no interaction between Pass/Fail here.

Quote:
Monterey: Pass: Three monster trophies
Fail: Five clue tokens. (If third monster trophy is a warlock and he's got three clues already).

You don't get the Warlock as trophy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aki Järvi-Eskola
Finland
Helsinki
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
It's a pad of sticky notes!
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
You roll for the close first. If successful, then you seal. The only decision made before the dice are rolled is if you want to spend an Elder Sign and do it automatically.

Thank you.. If ColtsFan76 says so, I'll believe I may have to re-read the rules now.
(Oh, and just to clarify, my wrong playstyle didn't include spending clues before die roll. No sirree, that would be diabolically unfair. It was just atomic, ie nothing could happen between closing roll and clue spending)

And as for the ties, hasn't nearly everything unclear been decided against the investigators, apart from timing conflicts and rounding? But is this a question of timing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Wilson
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
@KevinWilson42 on Twitter
badge
It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
mbmbmbmbmb
These are all timing issues, and timing issues always work out in the investigator's favor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KevinW wrote:
These are all timing issues, and timing issues always work out in the investigator's favor.

And there you go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch on the warlock, Rauli. I had considered that when I was first contemplating the list, but forgot about it when it came time to post.

Brian: I agree that a clarification on each investigator would be nice.
Until then, I'm going to rule ties to the investigators. Of course, I can't roll a die to save the investigators' lives, so I've got to cut them some slack somewhere.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good catch on the warlock, Rauli. I had considered that when I was first contemplating the list, but forgot about it when it came time to post.

Until then, I'm going to rule ties to the investigators. Of course, I can't roll a die to save the investigators' lives, so I've got to cut them some slack somewhere.

Brian

Well the designer just told you to give the ties to the investigators - so you should start playing that way officially then...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
Trumpy, you can do stupid things!
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Brian

Well the designer just told you to give the ties to the investigators - so you should start playing that way officially then...

Brian:

Pass: Gain one clue.
Fail: Miss a post by the game's designer.

For more information on this obscure designer:

http://boardgame.geekdo.com/person/2336
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder how he feels about being labeled as "person 2336"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
Trumpy, you can do stupid things!
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
I wonder how he feels about being labeled as "person 2336"?

If Kevin were a GOO I'd call him Deep Star Spawn 2336
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Mc Cabe
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the redundancy, Kevin. Didn't notice your clarification before my last post.

It's nice to know the investigators do get a break once in a while.

Road of the Twenty: LOL Didn't see yours, either.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Tucker
United States
Warren
Michigan
flag msg tools
A game is a series of decisions; a good game is a series of interesting decisions
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also note the following timing issues (which as per KW all work out in the favor of the investigators):

Investigator gets devoured --> replacement investigator is Leo Anderson (fail condition is an investigator is devoured, or terror level reaches 4), as long as terror is less than 4, Leo's plot has not yet failed (plot was not in play when investigator was devoured).

Mandy: passes plot if a gate is prevented from opening by an elder sign token 5 times (with Innsmouth in play, this would also put a Deep Ones Rising token out), and if Mandy passes she can immediately close and seal an open gate on the board
If the fifth gate blocked by an elder sign would put the sixth Deep One Rising token out, this would normally wake the AO and start the final battle, but if the the gate Mandy would close and seal by passing her plot would put the sixth elder sign token in play, or close the last open gate on the board (and the investigators would have a number of gate trophies equal to the number of players), then instead the investigators immediately win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oldArturus oldArturus
Poland
flag msg tools
Personal Stories - Rita Young vs. Rhan-Tegoth
While Rhan-Tegoth stirs in his slumber, any Cultist that is drawn from the monster cup is placed on this sheet.

Rita Young pass her personal story: If she has 3 or more monster trophies, including at least 1 Cultist, ...

How to pass this test?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
say "em-cee-crispy"
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oldArturus wrote:
While Rhan-Tegoth stirs in his slumber, any Cultist that is drawn from the monster cup is placed on this sheet.

Rita Young pass her personal story: If she has 3 or more monster trophies, including at least 1 Cultist, ...

How to pass this test?
You don't... not against Rhan-Tegoth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Fleming
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the encounter at the Graveyard that lets you take a monster from the cup as a trophy even if endless? Would you think this would bypass the normal monster drawing rules, or would you still put it on Rhan-Tegoth's sheet?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
say "em-cee-crispy"
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anoirtrou wrote:
What about the encounter at the Graveyard that lets you take a monster from the cup as a trophy even if endless? Would you think this would bypass the normal monster drawing rules, or would you still put it on Rhan-Tegoth's sheet?
If the Encounter says "draw a card..." then any Cultist "drawn" goes on R-T's card. I might be open to persuasion if it didn't actually say "draw". However, the action of removing a Monster from the Cup is a "draw" action. So I'd probably nix it in the end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.