Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ehlers
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reviews are generally mixed with this retailer. On one hand they have good prices and a large selection. On the other, I have had problems with shipping times and responsiveness from their customer service. My last order shipped about a week after they said it would. They also did not ship it using priority mail (which I paid extra for during check out). In the end, I got what I ordered at a good price, but given a choice in future, I would order from someone else to avoid the wait and worry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Pips
United States
Lititz
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I am presently in communication with CCG Armory about resolving an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Ehlers
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, it would appear that CCG watches the forums, I got a note from them within minutes of posting my comment above. Apologizing and offering an incentive to try them again. Kind of cool to know they are at least looking out and responding to comments here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have ordered from them in the past and have found them to be great. They sometimes have really great clearance items.

Shipping has also been difficult for me at times. Some items were delayed, even though I would be sent an email telling me it had shipped (just the manifest was created, the item had not actually shipped).

I have ordered items (I think Pandemic was one of them) and requested USPS Priority (more expensive) and the item was shipped UPS instead. They did it because they thought it would be faster....however I was going away and I can hold my mail, but I couldn't prevent UPS from delivering the item. The box was rained on as a result...the game wasn't in too bad of shape so I never complained.

On the positive side, they honored a price error on their website for a game that I had ordered. I thought that was a very upstanding thing for them to do as I ordered the game only because I thought the deal was too good to pass on. If the error had not occurred I would not have ordered the game. So that made me feel better about what happened with Pandemic.

I order from Boards & Bits, CCG and Cardhaus. The last one usually gets my business due to their prices, but I do like CCG.

I guess that I would say they are a good online store, but perhaps not the best one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Franklin
United States
Fargo
North Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
There are much better and more reliable retailers out there. If you have to ask, it means you probably already know the answer. For boardgames, there are plenty of great retailers (Boards & Bits, Funagain, Thoughthammer), and for RPGs there is FRPGames, and Art's Bargains. Shop around, it's worth your time and effort.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Los Ranchos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Always been good to me. However, rarely am I concerned about shipping times, because I usually have a game to play in the meantime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony DuLac
United States
Blaine
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't heard many good things about them. The seem to have problems, especially, with listing pre-orders and then not fulfilling them and then not being willing to refund people their $$.

There are just too many other GREAT choices out there to even take a risk on someone who has been known for bad customer service. Sorry CCG Armory, you aren't going to get a second chance to make a first impression.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Feery
United States
Oakley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've ordered single miniatures and cards from them a few times, as their prices are pretty good on some items. My major gripe with them is that their inventory does not seem to be accurately reflected on the web site. Each time I ordered from them, one or more of the items listed as in-stock weren't actually. They refunded the money for them without hassle, but it was a little inconvenient (trying to complete sets of items and sourcing different pieces from the places that have them in stock and trying to plan them to minimize shipping charges and then finding a day or so later that you still have to find two or three pieces that you thought were already taken care of).

I'd use them again if they had an item that I couldn't find at my preferred online retailers (CoolStuffInc.com and ThoughtHammer).

Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Vinyard
United States
Las Cruces
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wytefang wrote:
... with listing pre-orders and then not fulfilling them and then not being willing to refund people their $$.

I had placed a preorder for Steam from them with free shipping. Within a few days of placing the order they responded that the time for that offer had passed and that they would have to charge for shipping or issue a refund.

I was a bit disappointed because the price after shipping was slightly more than ThoughtHammer's, but they did refund the payment very quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Allen
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are slow. Flat-out. Their pricing is often very good but don't expect to see your order in anything less than two weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kakaris Maelstrom
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a bad experience with them. After publicly complaining they said that the employees recently bought out the owner. Any way about it, after that bad experience, I'll pay a tiny bit more to someone I like and trust before these guys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They're not my first choice for games in general, but when it comes time to pick up the latest Cthulhu LCG set or Heroscape wave, they've been reliable. Their shipping is slow, but I'm generally not in the "can't wait that extra week" hurry and don't even try to pay for faster shipping. On the other hand, I've had fewer issues of "got set A, B, C of Heroscape wave but not D", "only have 2 LCG decks in stock", or "for what other sites are charging, might as well buy it retail" for the above 2 items.

So far I haven't had any order hassles, but YMMV as others attest. For most other games I generally take advantage of better prices and/or shipping policies since getting a big enough order for such is rarely a problem. Funny thing is, they're not even the best choice for a lot of collectible games, either. But for a select few titles, that seem to defy my efforts to add them to a bigger game order elsewhere because of stock/price issues, I end up going back to CCG Armory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CCG Armory
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
All

We are indeed active members of boardgamegeek and check out the forums all the time.

I want to make it clear that if anyone has had ANY bad experience at our store recently or in the past, we want to make it right. You can message me on boardgamegeek and I will take care of it for you.

I think we may have got a bit off track on board games over the past year while focusing on our toy expansion - but many changes have been made to improve things, and many more are in the works. If there is anything we can do better ,we want to do it. So I welcome any comments or suggestions.

Bottomline is that i want to know about anytime anyone is unhappy with our service We are in this for the long haul and want to do whatever we can to provide better service.

Alex

Alex
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Parker
United States
Rapid City
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
honestly I haven't done a lot of business with them but never have had a problem with shipping or anything really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Bailey
United States
Broomfield
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read online that they've listed items in stock when they weren't so when I was going to place an order for 2 books I clicked on the "Live Customer Service" chat. It said someone was online and when I connected I said "I just want to confirm both of these items are in stock. It says they are but I've heard several people say they've ordered "in stock" items only to be told after the fact they were not."

All of a sudden nobody was online anymore. I went ahead and ordered anyway and the next day I got an email saying one item wasn't in stock but they could ship the other. After telling them "Cancel the order" 3 times they did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Altmann
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Happened to me, too. Ordered things for over $400 (in stock). Then they said a color set worth $120 wasn't available but they could send me individual colors instead. I was ok with that and after two months (yes, conversation with them was slow) I received my parcel. Opened the parcel and surprise: No color set, but no individual colors either. yuk

After my complaint they never talked to me again. Then Alex replied in this thread and I sent him a GeekMail in October. He wanted to resolve the problem and ship the colors or refund me the money. I believed him and said: Ok, send me the colors. Never heard from him after early November.

So now, 6 months after my order from CCG Armory they have my money ($120) and I'm the idiot.

They still list the color set "in stock".

Thank you very much, CCG Armory. angry

Quoting Alex from this thread here, because it's easy to remove your own messages on the Geek:

ccgarmory wrote:
All

We are indeed active members of boardgamegeek and check out the forums all the time.

I want to make it clear that if anyone has had ANY bad experience at our store recently or in the past, we want to make it right. You can message me on boardgamegeek and I will take care of it for you.

I think we may have got a bit off track on board games over the past year while focusing on our toy expansion - but many changes have been made to improve things, and many more are in the works. If there is anything we can do better ,we want to do it. So I welcome any comments or suggestions.

Bottomline is that i want to know about anytime anyone is unhappy with our service We are in this for the long haul and want to do whatever we can to provide better service.

Alex

Alex

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe Desnoyers
Canada
Sherbrooke
Québec
flag msg tools
Like Bernd Altmann, I've ordered something listed instock and they didn't have it. They offered to change the order and since I was ok with that, I've change it and they said to me that it were to be ship the next monday ... That was over 3 months ago. Never heard of them since that even with repetitive email and phone call.

I'm the kind of person that is willing to give someone another chance. But for that, you need to be fair with me. If they give me back my money I'll be happy to say that at least, they are honest (witch is big in online transaction).

*UPDATE*
I've receive news from them. That a good thing actually. Hope it will continue like that

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CCG Armory
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Philippe

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. Please contact me via geekmail with your order number and information and we will get it resolved

Alex
CCGArmory.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michele myer
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
soblue I had ordered from this company a few days before christmas 09 and i never got my order, i ordered comics from this site and its been well over 5 months and its never going to come, in sometimes i would notify the company with emails asking for them to ship it but they never reply back. However one time they did asking me if i wanted # 2 for substitute of this comic instead of 3 and i said sure. and i still don't have my $80 worth of comics. So i say forget the site, it's never coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CCG Armory
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
If you contact me directly I can resolve the issue for you as I have anyone else who has had an issue in the forum.

Alex
CCGArmory.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dockter
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also ordered a World of Darkness book from them that was out of stock, but it did not say so on the website. They also charged my credit card for it. I had to dispute the charge to get my money back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kiander
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I'm also having a bad experience with them. Several of the items that were said to be in stock when ordering were not. So they were just removed from my original order, but I was still charged for the items.

Then when my shipment arrived, which was quick, several of the items were missing. So I'm basically in the hole $100 at the moment.

So far customer service has been responsive but it still has not been resolved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Kiander
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Just a quick update. All of the out of stock items have been refunded and I'm supposed to recieve the missing items soon. Customer support was quick to respond and answered all my emails.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Smith
msg tools
Alex -

I've left two voice mail messages, an email message and a message through your online chat feature - which is always offline. In my frustration with your inability to return my calls and emails, I came across this forum to try to figure out another way to reach you.

Where is my order (order ccgarmory-75654)? It was placed on 6/28/10. Your site said the items were in stock and so the standard 3-6 day shipping was chosen. I checked the status again today (7/19/10) and it says that it is still processing.

This order was placed for birthday gifts for my 8 year old daughter. The date has come and gone and I haven't heard one word from you.

In your post here you sound like you want to do the right thing. Please get back to me immediately.

I've sent you a direct BGG mail as well with my contact info

Ken

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.