Subject: no cities to start with rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
r li
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
first time playing and was wondering about this.
since there are no cities to start with, you cannot build track until someone urbanizes a town into a city. I remember reading a rule stating that you have to place track that is connected through your existing track to a city. I guess the idea being that you need somewhere to deliver the goods that you are trying to access.

Therefore the most powerful action at the beginning of the game is the urbanization since all all track laid down in this turn will have to originate with that city. For the second player choosing the action to build track before the other person is useless for the first turn because you cannot build any track before they urbanize the first city.

Is this correct or did I miss something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maks teper
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite correct and really i don't think that urbanisation is so powerful - someone has to choose it leaving better actions to other player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.