Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Dice [+] ORDERS [+] [View All]
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My dice arrived today Brian! They look amazing, thank you so much. I think I have an inkling of how mind-bendingly frustrating this has been for you, and can only sympathise. I'd offer a hug too but people might talk...

Seriously though, you've done a wonderful service to the AH fraternity, and I know it's not the first time. My gracious thanks again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corvus Thistleknot
msg tools
Of course, I find out that someone is supplying dice like this too late. These are pretty sweet looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corvanus wrote:
Of course, I find out that someone is supplying dice like this too late. These are pretty sweet looking.

I will probably try again in January. I don't want to mess with it right before the holidays.

You can send me a message with your email address and I will notify you when that order opens up again.

Or you can subscribe to this thread but you need to transform from a new user to a regular user I'll give you 30 days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Taphs
Spain
flag msg tools
I would like to join too. Im from Spain, I hope that is not a problem
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Elfving
Denmark
Randers NØ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taphs wrote:

I don't think so, got mine in Denmark, no problems

BTW: They are awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taphs wrote:

Just send me a geekmail with your email address. Or subscribe to this thread and promise to check back in January.

We hit our order window quickly so it usually only stays open about a week or two. If you miss out, you'll have to wait until the next cycle goes in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xavier Death
msg tools
Brian,

I would really like a set of these - 10/10/10 - I tried the GEEKmail but it keeps wanting me to confirm address and when I do it doesn't do anything.

- Yudishtira (aka Bob)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yudishtira wrote:
Brian,

I would really like a set of these - 10/10/10 - I tried the GEEKmail but it keeps wanting me to confirm address and when I do it doesn't do anything.

- Yudishtira (aka Bob)

Just hit the envelop icon between my name and avatar. Shouldn't ask for anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hamu The Hamster
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
My hat goes off to you, sir, for providing this service. thumbsup

I'll probably participate in the January order.

(Now let's see if I can get this thread subscription to work; I just registered.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Helton
United States
Pueblo
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a set of 12/6/6, Normal/blessed/cursed that I may be willing to trade off. My gaming group's interest in AH never really took off, and I made the mistake of trying to pimp it too early.

If anybody's interested, take a look at my wish list. Send me a PM with any offers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Antonio
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi from spain,
I am interested in
Cursed: 50 dices
Normal: 60 dices
Blessed: 50 dices

Regards,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am just waiting to make sure that the USPS doesn't increase shipping for 2012 before committing to a new round of orders. AS of October 18, seems it won't be affected at this time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hartman
United States
Fairbanks
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dopehatman wrote:
I have a set of 12/6/6, Normal/blessed/cursed that I may be willing to trade off. My gaming group's interest in AH never really took off, and I made the mistake of trying to pimp it too early.

If anybody's interested, take a look at my wish list. Send me a PM with any offers.

GM sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bert Macklin
United States
flag msg tools
So I have a couple of questions if anyone knows the answers.

I'm looking to order some dice soon (hopefully in time for Valentine's Day) so I probably won't be able to wait for the next bulk purchase and will just do it myself.

1) Should I go through the normal channels on their website or should I contact the person you all have been using to order from?

2) I prefer the original dice shown here, before the numbers were added to them. Do you think they still have the original design or should I make my own and resubmit?

3) I know the reasoning behind the number on the dice, but for aesthetics' sake I want to find another solution, even if that is just rolling other dice for those specific rolls. My question is what all rolls actually need the numbers? I know the shotguns do, but I can't off-hand think of other rolls that need them.

Thank you all so much for any assistance or direction you can offer. This is my first post but I've already really enjoyed lurking here and learning from you all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can just call Chessex and talk to Joe. They are only a company of 3 so it shouldn't be hard to find him.

I do not know if they have the original stamps. I am fairly certain the numbers are a part of the current stamps (as opposed to two separate stamps for one side).

There are a couple expansion cards that call for numbers. In most cases, you have the odds you need so you can just reverse what you are looking for (blanks instead of elder signs).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will most likely be opening an order up this week. It will probably close very quickly because we almost have 500 committed now (if people are still wanting them). So Geekmail me your email address or subscribe to this thread to be notified.

I also want to mention that since the last order, Q-Workshop is now releasing blessed and cursed dice. If any one prefers to get those and back out here, that is fine by me. Personally, I don't like them as they are still the overly ornate dice though they do have the elder sign on the appropriate sides.

Just wanting to make people aware so there is no confusion and full disclosure. I can't find the link at this time and having a hard time navigating their website to find them.

ETA: Here is the announcement: FFG and Q-Workshop rolling out AH Blessed and Cursed dice sets

Can't isolate the photos to post here, but this link should take you to the page - scroll towards the bottom: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Methot
Canada
SAINTE-JULIE
QUEBEC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
I will most likely be opening an order up this week. It will probably close very quickly because we almost have 500 committed now (if people are still wanting them). So Geekmail me your email address or subscribe to this thread to be notified.

I also want to mention that since the last order, Q-Workshop is now releasing blessed and cursed dice. If any one prefers to get those and back out here, that is fine by me. Personally, I don't like them as they are still the overly ornate dice though they do have the elder sign on the appropriate sides.

Just wanting to make people aware so there is no confusion and full disclosure. I can't find the link at this time and having a hard time navigating their website to find them.

ETA: Here is the announcement: FFG and Q-Workshop rolling out AH Blessed and Cursed dice sets

Can't isolate the photos to post here, but this link should take you to the page - scroll towards the bottom: http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm...

Are those Q-Workshop dice the same that had issues with irregular faces? Some being concave, others convex?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i.a.m wrote:
Are those Q-Workshop dice the same that had issues with irregular faces? Some being concave, others convex?

No clue. This extends their line of Green and Bone dice as "normal" dice.

I am just tossing the info out there in case any one wants it. Looks like MSRP is $9.95 for a 5-pack or about $2.00 a die. We average less than that by half.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i.a.m wrote:

I had a couple of Arkham Horror green & black dice with concave faces - not sure how common the issue is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, dumb question time!

It's unfortunately been a while since I got to play Arkham. I know there are some things that are number dependent, like Shotgun's double hitting on 6's, which is easy to deal with with these dice, regular or otherwise.

How much do you actually need regular d6's for? I have some with an elder sign replacing the 6, and they're like the green ones included, so I have themed dice to some extent already.

And assuming I'd want 10 regular, 5 cursed, and 5 blessed dice, how much would it cost? And would I be able to get in on this order?

edit: And just to verify, these would have the appropriate numbers listed on the successful sides, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kengi wrote:
Okay, dumb question time!

It's unfortunately been a while since I got to play Arkham. I know there are some things that are number dependent, like Shotgun's double hitting on 6's, which is easy to deal with with these dice, regular or otherwise.

How much do you actually need regular d6's for? I have some with an elder sign replacing the 6, and they're like the green ones included, so I have themed dice to some extent already.

There is a more full list above. Shotguns. but those are taking care of since the 6's are all accounted for already. Things like Losing blessings and curses are looking for you to roll a specific number - a 1/6 chance - so for all these situations, you can use a cursed die and get the result with the elder sign. Some things allow you to add a success which is the equivalent of going up a level of blessing. You could use the regular dice and count the blanks as successes if this specific condition comes up.

There are a couple of things where they call for a die to be rolled and the number match a chart. In these cases, you should keep a couple d6's present. But for the majority of things, these work out without issue.

Quote:
And assuming I'd want 10 regular, 5 cursed, and 5 blessed dice, how much would it cost? And would I be able to get in on this order?

With US shipping, $23.20. We aren't officially open yet.

Quote:
edit: And just to verify, these would have the appropriate numbers listed on the successful sides, right?

Yes, blessed dice show an elder sign with a 4, 5 or 6, normal with 5 or 6, and cursed only the 6. When I re-post the opening of this order, there will be a pic of the 6 sides for each die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pierce
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi Brian,

Any idea of when you might be opening this up?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

NEXT ROUND OF ORDERS - NOW CLOSED

I think we have enough interest to open this up again.

I am just volunteering for this and covering costs. This will be my 7th dice order and 8th "group order" so if anyone is nervous and needs a reference, let me know!

What is available?
Chessex 16 mm dice for the Arkham Horror game. There are 3 types based on Normal, Blessed, and Cursed status. The color of dice is set as well as the paint used to highlight the engraving.

All dice are etched on 1, 2, or 3 sides; all other sides remain blank
Scarab-Scarlet w/silver Elder Sign + #6 etching; 1-side ("Cursed")
Scarab-Jade w/silver Elder Sign etching + #s 5 and 6; 2-sides ("Normal")
Scarab-Royal Blue w/silver Elder Sign etching + #s 4, 5,and 6; 3-sides ("Blessed")

What is the cost?
The cost is dependent on getting to 500 orders, which we always reach. The cost breaks down to this per die in US dollars:

Cursed: $0.45,
Normal: $0.90,
Blessed: $1.35.

What about shipping?
Chessex will only ship to one address now for orders this large. I can ship up to about 100~150 dice in the USPS Priority flat-rate small box. I can ship internationally BUT international customers will have to add 1% to their total order to cover the costs I get dinged from PayPal.

USPS Flat Rate shipping:

US: $5.20 (takes a couple days)
Canada: $11.95 (takes a few weeks)
Europe/Australia: $13.95 (takes a couple weeks)

How do I order?
Please GeekMail me your full name, address, and email address so I can send the PayPal invoice. Also include the number of each type of dice. Typical order has been either 12/6/6 or 10/10/10. Next most common was 20/10/10 then 10/5/5. But you can get any combo of dice you want.

When do I pay?
Once the window is complete for orders and I have verfied that Chessex has the order, PayPal invoices will be sent out. You will have about a week to pay. I expect Chessex to take anywhere from 6-8 weeks depending on their current load and total final order. Orders have ranged from 4-7 weeks with another week to get all the orders packaged from my house and then the above shipping times.

PLEASE VERIFY THAT YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS IS THE ADDRESS YOU HAVE ON FILE AT PAYPAL.

How long do I have to order?
With this being a longer order, I would like to close it no later than February 12, 2012. Depending on the rate of new orders, I may modify this sooner.

Anything else?
Yeah, couple disclaimers. First, these dice are all hand stamped. As part of the process, some of your dice may have a tiny nick on one or more edges. It is hardly noticeable but just a side effect of the process.

Second, all these dice are hand painted. So sometimes a dab of paint gets here or there. It scrapes off easily enough and a couple may need a little handling to clean up.

The green die below has both conditions: paint along the right edge and a small nick at the right bottom edge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Berlin
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
as you are an ole professional in this brian, how many of which dice does one playing AH normally need? and how many have you ordered?

And, Kudos for your involment and investment of energy and money/time! wow
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Soonsin Lee
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WooHoo!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  32 , 33 , 34 , 35 , 36  Next »  [50] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.