Popular Tags: Dice [+] ORDERS [+] [View All]
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
superjosef wrote:
as you are an ole professional in this brian, how many of which dice does one playing AH normally need? and how many have you ordered?

And, Kudos for your involment and investment of energy and money/time! wow

If you don't mind pimping your game, do a 20/10/10 order (normal, cursed, blessed). This way you have plenty of dice to go around the table.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
superjosef wrote:
as you are an ole professional in this brian, how many of which dice does one playing AH normally need?

Depends what you are looking for. Most people go with the 12/6/6 order or a 10/10/10 distribution.

Ten of each should cover you in most situations. But some people prefer to have one or more groups of dice on the table so players don't have to share as much. The rationale there is get 2 (or 3) times as many normal dice as blessed/cursed since most characters are typically in a normal state. I have had people order more Blessed, though, because their group more actively mined Blessings.

Quote:
and how many have you ordered?

Personally? I now have 60 dice 36/12/12. I started with 20/10/10 on the first order but sometimes I get an extra die or two (because of proofs or miscounts on their part) so I have ordered additional to "even out" what sets I have.

For everyone between the 6 orders? 7,136.

Quote:
And, Kudos for your involment and investment of energy and money/time! wow

Thanks. It is fun, the biggest reason I keep doing it. Especially when these get delivered to my work (to avoid in-state Indiana taxes) and the receptionist flips out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We have again made our minimum cut off with almost 700 ordered so far. And over half of those who wanted in on this order still haven't even confirmed their orders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pierce
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
We have again made our minimum cut off with almost 700 ordered so far. And over half of those who wanted in on this order still haven't even confirmed their orders.

hey Brian,

Just curious as to when you think you might be placing the order?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Maddtrippin wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

hey Brian,

Just curious as to when you think you might be placing the order?

I was looking to keep it open through this weekend because I knew I was busy with the Super Bowl on last weekend. i still have a few people that asked to be included that haven't responded to my geekmails and emails. I will run through the list again tonight and give everyone one last shot to get it. And then I will post a warning when I am closing.

Since it seems we may have finally met demand, this might be the last one for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pierce
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hetrick
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Could I get 6 Blessed and 6 Cursed?

Edit: Thank you so much for doing this for all of us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
trickyflemming wrote:
Could I get 6 Blessed and 6 Cursed?

Edit: Thank you so much for doing this for all of us.

Thanks, please send me your address via GeekMail when you get a chance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
These are current orders that I have. If you are not on this list and want dice, let me know right away. If you need to make adjustments, there is still time.

N C B BGG Username
-----------------------------------------------
20 10 10 Corvanus
20 10 10 EntropyMu
20 10 10 gsmebbs
10 10 10 JavaJoe96
25 25 25 jesseflorig
10 10 10 johnwoo
20 20 20 Kainrising
12 6 6 macgowan
15 10 10 Maddtrippin
22 11 11 mercurycs
20 10 10 Muzzle
10 5 5 poisonivy
20 10 10 rikowal
60 50 50 sectario
20 10 10 The Plaid Mentat
24 12 12 Thesp
0 6 6 trickyflemming

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Grazier
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
Check out my boardgame demoing website! www.geek-craft.com
badge
Near northeast Ohio? Come to one of my game nights! www.geek-craft.com
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm gonna pass. Thanks for the offer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Last reminder to get orders in today, if possible. Closing it over the weekend. Updated orders. If you aren't here, I don't have it!

N C B BGG Username
-----------------------------------------------
20 10 10 Corvanus
12 6 6 dr_funkenstein
20 10 10 EntropyMu
10 10 10 Gimbey
20 10 10 gsmebbs
16 8 8 Hamu
10 10 10 JavaJoe96
25 25 25 jesseflorig
10 10 10 johnwoo
20 20 20 Kainrising
12 6 6 macgowan
15 10 10 Maddtrippin
22 11 11 mercurycs
20 10 10 Muzzle
20 10 10 Mysterio
10 5 5 poisonivy
20 10 10 rikowal
60 50 50 sectario
20 10 10 The Plaid Mentat
24 12 12 Thesp
0 6 6 trickyflemming
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Orders are closed.

Any new names I will collect for a potential future order.

I will update later today after the order is placed with Chessex.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Good news, bad news. Good news: order is placed and prices are still the same. Bad news, current production says this could take up to 10 weeks - which puts us at the end of April. The "good" news to that is they typically take a week or two less than they claim and have consistently arrived earlier than projected. The bad news is baby boy #2 is on the way April 5th. So even if they do come early, I might be too tied up to take advantage of it.

Going forward, if there is still demand, we may want to break the orders down to smaller levels. Chessex is just swamped and not getting caught up. But they aren't in a position to expand their customization department. So if we keep orders to 500, we can get them through in about 6 weeks. But costs go up about $0.04 a face which increases costs by about 8%.

So either pay more or continue with the long wait may be what is in store for us. goo

Given the longer lead time than normal, I won't push invoices as quickly. I'll try to have them out by the end of the month.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pierce
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thank you for putting the order together!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
The bad news is baby boy #2 is on the way April 5th.

You mean "The great news is ..."! I hadn't heard. Congratulations, Brian!

Surely you can't think there's even one person with an order in this time around is going to begrudge a delay of a few days or even a few weeks while you tend to family matters. Especially when you're giving of your time and energy to do this (what, 6 times now?) -- and by "this" I mean putting together custom dice orders, not making babies -- accepting nothing but gratitude. People understand; especially those of us who are parents.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WhiteKnight85 wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

You mean "The great news is ..."! I hadn't heard. Congratulations, Brian!

Surely you can't think there's even one person with an order in this time around is going to begrudge a delay of a few days or even a few weeks while you tend to family matters. Especially when you're giving of your time and energy to do this (what, 6 times now?) -- and by "this" I mean putting together custom dice orders, not making babies -- accepting nothing but gratitude. People understand; especially those of us who are parents.

thumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Norris
United States
Southbridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Congrats Brian! My wife's due date (our third) is April 6th. We're raising the next generation of board game geeks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry, meant "bad" in the sense of the dice.

mrwnorris wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Congrats Brian! My wife's due date (our third) is April 6th. We're raising the next generation of board game geeks...

Cool we can race!

Already grooming a gamer in Joshua who turned 2 in November. He knows what dice (d6 and d8), cards, poker chips, and rules are already. We have to give him his stuff when we play.

He recognized Pop the Pig as a game on TV so we picked it up for him for Christmas. We opened it up several weeks ago and pulled out the nice cartoonish pig, the colorful die, and all the hamburgers, and what does he do? "Rules! I need rules!" He grabs the plain old black and white rule sheet, "reads" it over real quick and checks out the picture, then tosses them aside to finally check out the pieces.

Made me proud and made my wife groan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Packard
United States
Palmdale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Pierce
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
Sorry, meant "bad" in the sense of the dice.

mrwnorris wrote:
ColtsFan76 wrote:

Cool we can race!

Already grooming a gamer in Joshua who turned 2 in November. He knows what dice (d6 and d8), cards, poker chips, and rules are already. We have to give him his stuff when we play.

He recognized Pop the Pig as a game on TV so we picked it up for him for Christmas. We opened it up several weeks ago and pulled out the nice cartoonish pig, the colorful die, and all the hamburgers, and what does he do? "Rules! I need rules!" He grabs the plain old black and white rule sheet, "reads" it over real quick and checks out the picture, then tosses them aside to finally check out the pieces.

Made me proud and made my wife groan.

So cute! I think he should do a components review!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have sent all invoices out today. I had wanted to wait since Chessex gave such a long lead on getting these done this time around. If you did not receive one, please let me know. Prompt payment is appreciated but I have given everyone a 10-day window before reminders start kicking in.

We have a C-Section set up for march 30th if the baby doesn't come earlier than that. So if the dice do come early, I should be able to process them quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
I have sent all invoices out today. I had wanted to wait since Chessex gave such a long lead on getting these done this time around. If you did not receive one, please let me know. Prompt payment is appreciated but I have given everyone a 10-day window before reminders start kicking in.

We have a C-Section set up for march 30th if the baby doesn't come earlier than that. So if the dice do come early, I should be able to process them quickly.

10 days are up. A handful have not paid so reminders were sent today. I will probably send more targeted reminders this weekend as the C-Section is scheduled for a week from today so I would like all payment resolved before we go in as I won't be able to chase it as much after that.

So if you haven't paid, please do so. if you didn't receive an invoice, let me know asap.

EDIT:
And perhaps my global announcement is premature. From the time I sent reminders to the time I got here, we are just down to 2 unpaid. Thanks for the fast response everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Antonio
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
I pay today, sorry by delay. I only see a paypal remember today.

Regards from spain
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Cathcart
United States
West Conshohocken
US
flag msg tools
Aw poop. I wish I had seen this thread earlier. These dice look great, I'll sub to the thread and look out for the next order!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randolph Bookman
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditto
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  33 , 34 , 35 , 36 , 37  Next »  [49] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.