Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Bentley
United States
Cleburne
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My family loves Excape...it's a great little filler, especially if you like throwing dice.

Good review, Tom.

Thanks,
jrbentley

P.S. When are you going to review Castle Panic? I'm really anxious to get your opinion on that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doobermite
United States
East Fallowfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ExXceptionally boring game. snore

I'm sure there are those that like the game but it just didn't work for our group. We sat there rolling over and over again for about a half hour moving up and then back, moving up again and then back again, never really moving anywhere.

I love dice games but this one isn't even in the same league as "Can't Stop."

Love the video reviews.....it really helps to see the game and hear the description.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zee Garcia
United States
Homestead
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way, when you roll an X (or two) on any roll other than your first for the turn, you have to move backwards one space (or two, respectively) and end your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has a lot more depth than most people realize. I love playing a 6-player game and seeing people's eyes light up halfway through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sisk
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this game quite a bit, but agree with Tom that it really shines with more players. With fewer players it's too hard to overcome a player who is on a luck streak and rolling nothing less than 70!

One trick is to not discount the seemingly useless rolls. Better to move one space every round or two than to risk rolling "x"'s or getting booted off of the higher rungs by others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Paquet
Canada
Thetford Mines
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmite wrote:
ExXceptionally boring game. snore

I'm sure there are those that like the game but it just didn't work for our group. We sat there rolling over and over again for about a half hour moving up and then back, moving up again and then back again, never really moving anywhere.

Try the following variant :

We play that we don't move backward when we roll a single X. We only move back when we roll double X (only 1 space back). It makes the game run faster. Otherwise, it gets a bit boring...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.