GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 69.39
30.4% of Goal | 28 Days Left
I am very pleased to announce that tommynomad has handed over the reigns of the AU/NZ Secret Santa for this year to myself and tallboy.
We'll be running this years Aus/NZ Secret Santa from a secret location somewhere in the West Australian outback.
What follows is largely cut'n'pasted from Tommy's post last year (with a few changes) as it seems pointless to re-invent the wheel here:
I am pleased to announce a local Secret Santa for those antipodean folks who would either like to participate in two Secret Santas, or who would like to participate, but are concerned that international shipping may be too much for them.
I don't want to discourage anyone from joining the main BGG International Secret Santa. It's a fantastic endeavour, and I actually encourage everyone to sign up for both Secret Santas if they can. Tom's BGG International Secret Santa can be found here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/452115
1. This is a AU/NZ-only Secret Santa, created to accommodate those who would like to participate in multiple Secret Santa events, or those who are concerned about the cost of international shipping. Everyone with a New Zealand or Australia address is welcome to join.
2. Entries will be accepted until midnight on Friday, November 20th. At that point, everyone signed up will have a random (I'll use random.org to create the list) name and address sent to them.
3. Update your wishlist (NOT your want list). Please have at least ten currently available games on your list, and make sure at least some of them fall within a reasonable price range. If you only have high priced, hard-to-find games on your list, don't be surprised when you get something you didn't ask for. If you are participating in both Secret Santas, be sure your wishlist indicates which games are eligible for which Secret Santa.
4. Once you receive an address, check out your victim's recipient's wishlist and select a gift they've indicated they like. Choose a gift that's specified for the NZ/AU Secret Santa. Then send it to them, so that it arrives in time for Christmas.
5. Secret Santa is all about the giving , not the getting. Do NOT to join the Secret Santa unless you plan to send a gift; this isn't a "get a free game for nothing" club. Those who don't send gifts, and then won't respond to follow-up emails from us may have their accounts suspended, as we don't want the name of BGG besmirched by greedy folk. (Plus we know
ninjas pirates , and will tell them where you live.)
6. Personalising the gifts you send makes the experience more fun for all. Taunting is also encouraged. This can be accomplished secretly via the Santa user account. Just log in to BGG as Santa (pw: password), and send your target recipient clever poems, codes to crack, or a simple message that unfortunately, you weren't able to secure
Agricola Space Hulk, but their all-coal, homemade version of Draughts is on its way.
7. I will add any online stores (from whatever country) and any FLGSs in New Zealand or Australia who wish to get involved. Please notify me if you run a store and want to get involved in Secret Santa 2009.
8. This is all being done manually by me. To sign up for this event, please geekmail me your mailing address and a note asking to be added onto the AU/NZ-only Secret Santa list. I will confirm within 24-48 hours that I have received your request.
9. If you have already signed up for the International Secret Santa, and can only afford to be in one, then you MUST stick with the International one, so as not to subtract from the work that Tom Vasel has put in.
10. Please join if you can, be as generous as you can, and in general, participate in the spirit of giving that we usually adopt for all our brothers and sisters during the holiday season.
Most importantly, have fun!
Note: I'll be updating the main AU/NZ thread here with any extra information and/or game stores that wish to be involved.